Home Dota 2

Dota 2 - Workshop Thread

Replies

• mrpresident
    Offline / Send Message
    mrpresident polycounter lvl 10
    I've gotten paid each month since august, when my first item legions wrath got implemented. I know my friend who did the Lyralei's Breeze was having issues with it, if you were part of that windrunner patch I'd email Valve (financevalve@valvesoftware.com).

Also, in other news!
    NAVI COURIER!

I'll probably email them soon then. Although I thought they only paid you for the first month's sales or something? are you saying they will pay you until dota 2 ends or is there a time frame?

And you made the na'vi couriers andrew? Awesome job =D

and Tvidotto, it's about time, grats.
  • Spudnik
    Offline / Send Message
    Spudnik polycounter lvl 11
    @mrpresident:
    Yeah, contact them. I wasn't getting paid because my bank account was in the US while I'm in Europe so they were confused but didn't contact me. After a quick chat everything was sorted out and I got paid, so it pays to take some time and talk to them (no pun intended).
  • Nix
    Offline / Send Message
    Nix polycounter lvl 13
    I still can't seem to get the in game item preview working. :/ I did the whole thing with the extraction and the renaming and it all seems to work fine up until the point where any items I replace end up invisible. If I then put the original default file back, the normal default item shows up again. This must mean I at least got the game to use the unpacked game files correctly, right?

The publishing preview shows my items normally, so the model, rig and materials are fine. I also put the files in both the "hero" and "items" directory. I'm at a loss.
  • Soldeus
    Offline / Send Message
    Soldeus polycounter lvl 10
    are you saying they will pay you until dota 2 ends or is there a time frame?

You'll keep getting paid until the "end of dota 2" if there's such thing xD
  • D4V1DC
    Offline / Send Message
    D4V1DC polycounter lvl 18
    Nix wrote: »
    I still can't seem to get the in game item preview working. :/ I did the whole thing with the extraction and the renaming and it all seems to work fine up until the point where any items I replace end up invisible. If I then put the original default file back, the normal default item shows up again. This must mean I at least got the game to use the unpacked game files correctly, right?

The publishing preview shows my items normally, so the model, rig and materials are fine. I also put the files in both the "hero" and "items" directory. I'm at a loss.

*probably the materials then*^
    If they are invisible that might mean you just needed to copy your items to their folders, so I have the compiled folder, then a copy at models/heroes and models/items, then my textures need to be at material/models/items and material/models/heroes.

Your almost their, also when I make my custom stuff I add in the format Valve used, so if the weapon is called doom_sword.vtx or whatever then I copy that name WHEN compiling the files, I usually overwrite the originals.

Edit:
    If you haven't seen this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7yZz_azpwE&feature=youtu.be
  • IEatApples
    Started a new concept after the competition. Really enjoyed it so will start making a few more items.

Lone Druid Ultimate Concept -

UltimateConcept.jpg
  • D4V1DC
    Offline / Send Message
    Ouch with the axe on shoulder and all the sticks :) do it. :)
  • Tvidotto
    Offline / Send Message
    Tvidotto polycounter lvl 9
    IEatApples wrote: »
    Started a new concept after the competition. Really enjoyed it so will start making a few more items.

Lone Druid Ultimate Concept -

UltimateConcept.jpg

awesome man, i like the idea of weapons on it like they have on roshan, that works really well in my opinion =]
  • Tvidotto
    Offline / Send Message
    Nix wrote: »

sometimes is not invisible but is inside the mesh, that happens whe you dont select the bone when exporting to fbx, the compiler move the item to the root bone position

try what nz! suggested and replace just your texture, then switch and replace just the model but keeps the compiled texture

if your item appears its a texture problem (maybe an black alpha channel) if the defaul model appears with your texture is probably the bone export problem

=]
  • IEatApples
    Tvidotto wrote: »
    awesome man, i like the idea of weapons on it like they have on roshan, that works really well in my opinion =]

Ha you know Ive played over 400 hours of dota 2 and only noticed that he has had weapons stabbed into in after reading that. Now I feel quite oblivious for an artist.
  • Tvidotto
    Offline / Send Message
    hehehe, dont worry with that, its still a nice and original idea

btw, that spear with the flag on roshan is awesome =]
  • RDMD
    Offline / Send Message
    RDMD polycounter lvl 10
    since people was talking about payment stuff,how do valve contact the maker of a item they want to add? trough email? telephone?

do they transfer money directly to a bank account or you have to do something first? especially if you dont live in the usa?
    or they send a cheqck to your adress? since someone mentioned a check up there

I want to know in case some of my items got selected
  • AndrewHelenek
    Offline / Send Message
    AndrewHelenek polycounter lvl 6
    RDMD wrote: »
    since people was talking about payment stuff,how do valve contact the maker of a item they want to add? trough email? telephone?

do they transfer money directly to a bank account or you have to do something first? especially if you dont live in the usa?
    or they send a cheqck to your adress? since someone mentioned a check up there

I want to know in case some of my items got selected

Valve contacts you though a developer comment section on the workshop, and normally you won't know if are even going to implement the item. Although you can get a pretty good idea if they are even messaging you in the first place. :P

Then you just check the game files each week waiting to see if they added them to the game. If they do, sit back and wait another 6 months before they even implement them. When they do finally get to it, (valve time) valve will ask your to contact their financial department and set up payment, taxt forms, etc. If you want to have the money deposited straight into your bank account they can do that. And if you don't live in the USA they have a section and tax forms for you, or something.
  • RDMD
    Offline / Send Message
    RDMD polycounter lvl 10
    Valve contacts you though a developer comment section on the workshop, and normally you won't know if are even going to implement the item. Although you can get a pretty good idea if they are even messaging you in the first place. :P

Then you just check the game files each week waiting to see if they added them to the game. If they do, sit back and wait another 6 months before they even implement them. When they do finally get to it, (valve time) valve will ask your to contact their financial department and set up payment, taxt forms, etc. If you want to have the money deposited straight into your bank account they can do that. And if you don't live in the USA they have a section and tax forms for you, or something.

where is this developer coment section thing? in the game?havent uploaded any stuff yet,just reached till the model viewer thing but havent fully submited a item yet so I dont know if maybe that section is there

the 6 month wait is the normal time? because I have seem some item that where added to the game like a month or 2 after it was submited,or maybe I read the dates wrong

anyway thanks for the help,I dont even know what a tax form is so anything related to this subject is foreign to me
  • AndrewHelenek
    Offline / Send Message
    where is this developer coment section thing? in the game?havent uploaded any stuff yet,just reached till the model viewer thing but havent fully submited a item yet so I dont know if maybe that section is there

the 6 month wait is the normal time? because I have seem some item that where added to the game like a month or 2 after it was submited,or maybe I read the dates wrong

anyway thanks for the help,I dont even know what a tax form is so anything related to this subject is foreign to me

The six months was just a joke. :P It really depends when they push the items out, which is funny, because the first item I got in was submitted three days before the item patch, and it was included in that patch, I believe it was the fastest from workshop to game submission submitted thus far. haha

When you upload the item you have two tabs at the bottom, the comments for everyone to use, and if you're on the contributors list you'll see an additional tab dedicated to the developers, aka Valve.
  • RDMD
    Offline / Send Message
    RDMD polycounter lvl 10
    The six months was just a joke. :P It really depends when they push the items out, which is funny, because the first item I got in was submitted three days before the item patch, and it was included in that patch, I believe it was the fastest from workshop to game submission submitted thus far. haha

When you upload the item you have two tabs at the bottom, the comments for everyone to use, and if you're on the contributors list you'll see an additional tab dedicated to the developers, aka Valve.

ok thanks

there is a blog of some guy that posts whats added to the game in each update,have seem some submited items that end up in the shop,so that means that any item that is added is guaranteed to have been choosen by valve? or maybe they where just testing it?
  • K-PAX
    Offline / Send Message
    K-PAX polycounter lvl 7
    Helenek discovered that they add yesterday on the test client some icons for the store and my dragons is one of them
    wrFUv.png?1

with the na´vi courier and the defense 3 courier

the dragon is on the main client for a month, its like 4 or 5 months that i did it, i cant wait anymore!!! =]

congratulation,cant wait anymore.
  • RDMD
    Offline / Send Message
    RDMD polycounter lvl 10
    is there a easy way to make the channels of the masks? like paiting using black and white? or we have to paint those by theyr colors?
  • Tvidotto
    Offline / Send Message
    K-PAX wrote: »
    congratulation,cant wait anymore.

didnt enter this week, maybe next one! =]
  • D4V1DC
    Offline / Send Message
    is there a easy way to make the channels of the masks? like paiting using black and white? or we have to paint those by theyr colors?

I just go to each channel and paint directly into R then G then B and Alpha
    You can save a .PSD of the diffuse (I collapse all layers though) then make what ever changes you want using that .PSD as your masks .PSD 1+2 but I usually just know what I am going to do to them so I just paint directly on those channels, if I make a mistake I redo, no biggie for me anyway.

Hope that helps.

Edit:
    Downed version, so you have 3 diffuse layers in the masks.psd you created.
    1st layer is the base diffuse/final (here if you need to make changes to either mask 1 or 2)
    2nd layer is a copy of that as well as 3rd layer
    making your changes reflecting the guide.
    Changing 2nd layer's RGBA channels
    same for 3rd
    2nd could be mask1
    3rd could be mask2
    select the one you need mask1 layer turn others off save out as mask1, so on so forth..
  • looney
    didnt enter this week, maybe next one! =]

your dragon is in the store now. $11.99 .. Congrats
  • mrpresident
    Offline / Send Message
    mrpresident polycounter lvl 10
    Yep, it's there: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlujYYTD_7Q"]Dota 2 Prismatic Drake Courier - YouTube[/ame]
  • Starcofski
    Ok, now that Finals are over, decided to start drafting ideas for Dark Seer, Leshrac, and Rubick. Based on my performance in the contest, I'm inclined to believe I should have someone more adept handle texturing (my Kryptonite so to speak). I'll put them here once I can get at least 12 (4 each), but I'd love to work with someone on this next set.

And congrats to TVid, I'll try and get the courier as soon as I can!
  • ArchoX
    Damn son, you made it. Good job.
  • RDMD
    Offline / Send Message
    RDMD polycounter lvl 10
    I am about to submit my first item,its 2 weapons for the antimage,but in the submition section it seems only one weapon can be submited,so that means I have to submit each weapon individually? or I can "join" them later?
  • Tvidotto
    Offline / Send Message
    Yep, it's there:
    i still cant believe it =]

you guys are part of it, the dragon would never be finished without all those who helped during the process =] thx a lot

and now i need to fix the flying death animation
  • D4V1DC
    Offline / Send Message

I see Valve added their own silly dragon couriers, hmmm. They are funny as hell but it was indeed an odd move (don't you think) none the less. :thumbup::poly141:

Congrats!
  • Lennyagony
    Offline / Send Message
    Lennyagony polycounter lvl 14
    Congrats Tvidotto, it looks brilliant in motion!
  • AndrewHelenek
  • Tvidotto
    Offline / Send Message
    Lennyagony wrote: »
    Congrats Tvidotto, it looks brilliant in motion!

thanks lenny, its awesome that you liked the animations =]
    $!nz wrote: »
    I see Valve added their own silly dragon couriers, hmmm. They are funny as hell but it was indeed an odd move (don't you think) none the less. :thumbup::poly141:

Congrats!

a guy on the dota cinema video asked:
    " why it doesnt fly in the ground version with the wings"

and someone replied:
    " thats why it was called silly dragon"

hahaha

i think "silly" doesnt goes with the overall lore of the game, but i really liked it

btw congrats for the other guys who got couriers in the game, helenek's navi team with the weaselcrow and Vlad with that awesome sheep =]
  • shriker
    i think "silly" doesnt goes with the overall lore of the game, but i really liked it
    Have you seen the Ogre Magi lore :D
  • artquest
    Offline / Send Message
    artquest polycounter lvl 13
    wasn't able to finish for the dota 2 comp but I finally got around to starting the textures for my item set :D Atleast I can submit to the workshop still :D So it wasn't a total waste... texturestart.jpg
  • Andyk125
    Offline / Send Message
    Andyk125 polycounter lvl 4
    Tvidotto your work looks great :) Plz make an tutorial on how to compile the models and get them into dota 2. Because I just can't seem to get the studiocompiler working correctly :s It's easy to find good tutorials on how to decompile them, but not one good tutorial on how to compile and put them into the game!

Do you ppl use GUISudioMDL or cannonfodders Studio compiler to (re)compile the models?

For now I use Cannonfodders Studio Compiler but I still get the following error:
    MountFilesystem( 571 ) failed:
    SteamMountFilesystem(1364,571,0x1465fd28=,0x1465fc 18) failed with error 5: No CS
    online with App 571 Ver 72

Someone else In this forum had the same problems, but there's not one solution mentioned? It's probably something very stupid :s I think I will try out the GUIStudioMDL, maybe that will work for me.

None the less I made an update on the Zeus model, here's the finished lod_0 version, still need to work on the textures though.

yuOay.jpg
  • Tvidotto
    Offline / Send Message
    Andyk125 wrote: »
    Tvidotto your work looks great :) Plz make an tutorial on how to compile the models and get them into dota 2. Because I just can't seem to get the studiocompiler working correctly :s It's easy to find good tutorials on how to decompile them, but not one good tutorial on how to compile and put them into the game!

Do you ppl use GUISudioMDL or cannonfodders Studio compiler to (re)compile the models?

For now I use Cannonfodders Studio Compiler but I still get the following error:
    MountFilesystem( 571 ) failed:
    SteamMountFilesystem(1364,571,0x1465fd28=,0x1465fc 18) failed with error 5: No CS
    online with App 571 Ver 72

thanks for the kind words =]

i use the gui studio mdl to compile, the hard part is to set the qc file, here is mine from the panda on the contest

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pWevDC84WreeY8pv_fPzreF4PfVR93M6_FrmH_C714M/edit

(hope the link works)

i export the files in the smd format using the source film maker maya tools and the textures i compress using the vtfedit program
  • Anuxinamoon
    Offline / Send Message
    Anuxinamoon polycounter lvl 14
    artquest wrote: »
    wasn't able to finish for the dota 2 comp but I finally got around to starting the textures for my item set :D Atleast I can submit to the workshop still :D So it wasn't a total waste... texturestart.jpg

Damm Joel! I was wondering when you would get around to finishing that! Love it! Looking more elegant as you progress! :D
  • Andyk125
    Offline / Send Message
    thanks for the kind words =]

i use the gui studio mdl to compile, the hard part is to set the qc file, here is mine from the panda on the contest

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pWevDC84WreeY8pv_fPzreF4PfVR93M6_FrmH_C714M/edit

(hope the link works)

i export the files in the smd format using the source film maker maya tools and the textures i compress using the vtfedit program

Thanks for the info, but it looks like I still can't get it working :poly127:

This is the Error I still get:
    SteamMountFilesystem(6064,571,0x106af8b8=,0x106af7a8)
    failed with error 5: No CS online with App 571 Ver 72

If I use the TF2 mod or gaminfo path it seems to work correctly.. PLZ need help with this, because it seems that all the time I put into this is just not bringing me anything. (how hard can it be to just compile a stupid file). :shifty:
  • Andyk125
    Offline / Send Message
    Nobody wants to share their information?

Well I've continued working on the LOD_1 (ingame) model. It's finially Finished and exactly 3000 tri's. I think it looks pretty good for it's polycount, lets hope the animations will work correctly.

Now I just need to finish the texture and test it in the model viewer.

dBe8c.jpg
  • Tvidotto
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks for the info, but it looks like I still can't get it working :poly127:

This is the Error I still get:
    SteamMountFilesystem(6064,571,0x106af8b8=,0x106af7a8)

If I use the TF2 mod or gaminfo path it seems to work correctly.. PLZ need help with this, because it seems that all the time I put into this is just not bringing me anything. (how hard can it be to just compile a stupid file). :shifty:

did you set your EP1 tools path?

do you have an working .qc file

here is mine guistudio
    1zJr6
  • Andyk125
    Offline / Send Message
    did you set your EP1 tools path?

do you have an working .qc file

here is mine guistudio
    =

Well If I use the EP1 tool path I get an error that GUIStudioMDL can't find studiocompiler.exe :s After solving that problem I get the following error:
    SteamMountFilesystem(6064,571,0x106af8b8=,0x106af7 a

I do have a working .qc file, that also cost me a lot of time. The strange thing is I need to change the number of blend animations from the original .qc file and I have no idea why, because no animation or anything are changed?

It seems that If I use the cannonfodder StudioCompiler and use the Alien Swarm SDK instead of the Source sdk, ep1 bin folder it works. But then I can't seem to open the .mdl file correctly in the Alien swarm model viewer. But at least I can compile the .mdl, and after decompiling it again I can import the .smd files correctly.

The weird thing is I can't seem to get GUIStudioMDL or the cannonfodder Studiocompiler working with the Source sdk, ep1 path without getting a weird error. Also tried to Validate all the files etc.. and that didn't work either.
  • Tvidotto
    Offline / Send Message
    Well If I use the EP1 tool path I get an error that GUIStudioMDL can't find studiocompiler.exe :s After solving that problem I get the following error:
    SteamMountFilesystem(6064,571,0x106af8b8=,0x106af7 a

I do have a working .qc file, that also cost me a lot of time. The strange thing is I need to change the number of blend animations from the original .qc file and I have no idea why, because no animation or anything are changed?

It seems that If I use the cannonfodder StudioCompiler and use the Alien Swarm SDK instead of the Source sdk, ep1 bin folder it works. But then I can't seem to open the .mdl file correctly in the Alien swarm model viewer. But at least I can compile the .mdl, and after decompiling it again I can import the .smd files correctly.

The weird thing is I can't seem to get GUIStudioMDL or the cannonfodder Studiocompiler working with the Source sdk, ep1 path without getting a weird error. Also tried to Validate all the files etc.. and that didn't work either.

you can get an qc file by decompiling the model with the studio compiler

thy those tutorials from cyborgmatt, they helped me a lot
  • Tvidotto
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey guys

i have been sketching some ideas for a new courier

V01

1zLuT

V02 - Pirate!

1zLnW

what you guys think?

thanks in advance
  • AndrewHelenek
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey guys

i have been sketching some ideas for a new courier

V01

1zLuT

V02 - Pirate!

1zLnW

what you guys think?

thanks in advance

As long as it stays a badger you shouldn't have a problem, the DOTA community doesn't seem to be able to handle two different animals as couriers. :V

It look's great!
  • Tvidotto
    Offline / Send Message
    As long as it stays a badger you shouldn't have a problem, the DOTA community doesn't seem to be able to handle two different animals as couriers. :V

It look's great!

it was supposed to be a firefox

220px-Ailurus_fulgens_RoterPanda_LesserPanda.jpg

@Helenek - people just loved the weasel, they want it all the time, there is a lot of comments like "i will never upgrade the courier" or "the weasel is so fluffy i wanna die!"
  • RoqueDemon
    Offline / Send Message
    RoqueDemon polycounter lvl 6
    @Helenek - people just loved the weasel, they want it all the time, there is a lot of comments like "i will never upgrade the courier" or "the weasel is so fluffy i wanna die!"

Yeah, the weasel just looks much better than the bird and it also has much better animations.
  • Starcofski
    TVid: if you're planning to do a Red Panda courier, I would suggest having the bird(s) also be something from the same region. I would suggest the Reeve's Pheasant, but it's colors are very similar, so that could pose an issue. Also, if you happen to read this, what do you think of a flying-carpet courier? Would that not fit in with the lore?
  • Tvidotto
    Offline / Send Message
    Starcofski wrote: »
    TVid: if you're planning to do a Red Panda courier, I would suggest having the bird(s) also be something from the same region. I would suggest the Reeve's Pheasant, but it's colors are very similar, so that could pose an issue. Also, if you happen to read this, what do you think of a flying-carpet courier? Would that not fit in with the lore?

hahaha a flying carpet, never thought of that, nice point you have

my girlfriend also complained about the strange mix i did
    if im going to a pirate theme i should use something more related as the main animal, like a turtle, she said

humf, i was just wanting to use a firefox, lets try again =]

[OFF] - did you guys knew that the store can be seen in pirate? i really liked that, i will just use this way now

http://www.dota2.com/store/itemdetails/103394997?l=pirate

"l=pirate" in the end
  • Andyk125
    Offline / Send Message
    you can get an qc file by decompiling the model with the studio compiler

thy those tutorials from cyborgmatt, they helped me a lot

Thanks Tvidotto, but I almost tried out every tutorial ou there. I do use the .qc files which I decompiled with the studiocompiler, that's also how I got the model.

But I was wrong about one thing if I tried to use the EP1 from the source sdk path i got the error that GUISTudioMDL couldn't find the gameconfig, after copying the one from the orangbox into the ep1 folder the problem was solved..

I can compile my models now without any problems, but I can't seem to get them viewed into the model viewer, it just keeps chrashing. When decompiling the .mdl I get the right lod_0 and lod_1 models with all the bones.. :(

Man this game is giving me a huge headache!

Here's my .qc File and a screenshot form the GUIStudioMDL maybe something can see a mistake or anything..

$cd "F:\Documenten Andy\Artwork\3D models\Dota 2\00 - Models All\Zuus - adjusted"
    $modelname "heroes/zuus/zuus.mdl"
    $model "default" "Zuus_lod0.smd"

$lod 1
    {
    replacemodel "Zuus_lod0.smd" "Zuus_lod1.smd"
    }
    $poseparameter turn -1.00 1.00
    $cdmaterials ""
    $hboxset "default"
    $hbox 0 "elbow_L" 0.113 -7.406 -5.595 19.813 6.861 7.473
    $hbox 0 "bicep_L" -1.648 -5.197 -6.614 21.374 6.211 6.487
    $hbox 0 "head" -15.491 -8.980 -5.311 12.358 8.980 13.678
    $hbox 0 "elbow_R" -17.171 -6.820 -7.842 -0.098 7.362 5.871
    $hbox 0 "bicep_R" -20.998 -6.211 -6.726 0.497 5.116 6.887
    $hbox 0 "spine2" 0.328 -17.154 -15.465 16.670 17.154 10.920
    $hbox 0 "knee_R" -32.067 -9.956 -6.672 -3.155 8.951 11.503
    $hbox 0 "thigh_R" -37.214 -9.326 -12.014 0.162 11.351 12.143
    $hbox 0 "knee_L" 3.155 -8.644 -11.917 32.067 9.615 6.913
    $hbox 0 "thigh_L" 1.525 -11.729 -13.603 38.886 9.301 13.276
    $hbox 0 "root" -12.716 -16.000 -5.196 15.314 16.000 21.809
    $hboxset "hands"
    $hbox 0 "wrist_L" -1.088 -5.277 -6.459 14.678 5.052 7.064
    $hbox 1 "wrist_L" -1.088 -5.277 -6.459 14.678 5.052 7.064
    $hbox 0 "wrist_R" -13.429 -6.075 -7.972 1.348 3.645 7.289
    $hbox 1 "wrist_R" -13.429 -6.075 -7.972 1.348 3.645 7.289
    $hboxset "head"
    $hbox 0 "head" -15.491 -8.980 -5.311 12.358 8.980 13.678
    $hbox 1 "head" -15.491 -8.980 -5.311 12.358 8.980 13.678
    $hboxset "select_high"
    $hbox 0 "spine2" -30.487 -32.666 -32.639 19.517 32.905 25.400
    $hbox 0 "root" -31.952 -36.892 -91.580 34.394 36.862 -8.742
    $hboxset "feet"
    $hbox 0 "ankle_R" -14.696 -8.814 -6.243 7.342 6.081 4.899
    $hbox 1 "ankle_R" -14.696 -8.814 -6.243 7.342 6.081 4.899
    $hbox 0 "ankle_L" -7.537 -6.081 -7.393 15.088 8.814 6.140
    $hbox 1 "ankle_L" -7.537 -6.081 -7.393 15.088 8.814 6.140
    $hboxset "select_low"
    $hbox 0 "root" -80.474 -77.580 -92.099 81.224 77.550 40.111
    $attachment "attach_attack2" "wrist_L" 6.50 2.51 -0.62 rotate -2.38 76.65 -7.15
    $attachment "attach_attack1" "wrist_R" -6.63 -2.12 1.14 rotate 1.34 -95.16 7.42
    $attachment "attach_hitloc" "spine2" -0.00 -0.00 0.00 rotate 0.00 90.00 176.37
    $surfaceprop "default"
    $keyvalues { }
    $illumposition 0.375 -0.015 75.961
    $sequence BindPose "BindPose" fps 30.00
    $sequence zuus_death "zuus_death" ACT_DOTA_DIE 1 fps 30.00 {
    { event AE_CL_PLAYSOUND 17 "BodyImpact_Common.Light" }
    { event AE_CL_PLAYSOUND 44 "BodyImpact_Common.Light" }
    }

$sequence zuus_idle "zuus_idle" loop ACT_DOTA_IDLE 8 fps 45.00
    $sequence portrait "portrait" loop ACT_DOTA_CAPTURE 1 fps 45.00
    $sequence zuus_run "zuus_run" loop ACT_DOTA_RUN 1 fps 45.00 {
    { event AE_CL_PLAYSOUND 11 "Hero_Zuus.Footsteps" }
    { event AE_CL_PLAYSOUND 26 "Hero_Zuus.Footsteps" }
    }

$sequence zuus_cast "zuus_cast" ACT_DOTA_CAST_ABILITY_1 1 fps 30.00
    $sequence zuus_cast2 "zuus_cast2" ACT_DOTA_CAST_ABILITY_2 1 fps 30.00
    $sequence zuus_cast4 "zuus_cast4" ACT_DOTA_CAST_ABILITY_4 1 fps 30.00
    $sequence attack "attack" ACT_DOTA_ATTACK 1 fps 30.00 {
    { event AE_DOTA_PLAY_SOUND_ATTACK 19 }
    { event AE_CL_CREATE_PARTICLE_EFFECT 4 "Z_W fa attach_attack1 fa attach_attack2" }
    }

$sequence stun "stun" loop ACT_DOTA_DISABLED 1 fps 30.00
    $sequence flail "flail" loop ACT_DOTA_FLAIL 1 fps 30.00
    $sequence idle_alt "idle_alt" loop ACT_DOTA_IDLE_RARE 1 fps 45.00
    $sequence workshop_anim_00 "workshop_anim_00" fps 30.00
    $sequence workshop_anim_01 "workshop_anim_01" fps 30.00
    $sequence workshop_anim_02 "workshop_anim_02" fps 30.00
    $sequence workshop_anim_03 "workshop_anim_03" fps 30.00
    $sequence workshop_anim_04 "workshop_anim_04" fps 30.00
    $sequence workshop_anim_05 "workshop_anim_05" fps 30.00
    $sequence workshop_anim_06 "workshop_anim_06" fps 30.00
    $sequence workshop_anim_07 "workshop_anim_07" fps 30.00
    $sequence workshop_anim_08 "workshop_anim_08" fps 30.00
    $sequence workshop_anim_09 "workshop_anim_09" fps 30.00
    $sequence turn_dupe1_lookFrame_0 "turn_dupe1_lookFrame_0" fps 30.00
    $sequence turn_dupe1_lookFrame_1 "turn_dupe1_lookFrame_1" fps 30.00
    $sequence turn_dupe1_lookFrame_2 "turn_dupe1_lookFrame_2" fps 30.00
    $sequence turn_lookFrame_0 "turn_lookFrame_0" fps 30.00
    $sequence turn_lookFrame_1 "turn_lookFrame_1" fps 30.00
    $sequence turn_lookFrame_2 "turn_lookFrame_2" fps 30.00
    $sequence turn "turn_lookFrame_0" fps 30.00 {
    blendwidth 4
    blend turn -1.000000 1.000000
    delta
    turn_lookFrame_0 turn_lookFrame_1 turn_lookFrame_2
    }
    $sequence turn_dupe1 "turn_dupe1_lookFrame_0" fps 30.00 {
    blendwidth 4
    blend turn -1.000000 1.000000
    delta
    turn_dupe1_lookFrame_0 turn_dupe1_lookFrame_1 turn_dupe1_lookFrame_2
    }

wakZi.png
  • Tvidotto
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks Tvidotto, but I almost tried out every tutorial ou there. I do use the .qc files which I decompiled with the studiocompiler, that's also how I got the model.

But I was wrong about one thing if I tried to use the EP1 from the source sdk path i got the error that GUISTudioMDL couldn't find the gameconfig, after copying the one from the orangbox into the ep1 folder the problem was solved..

I can compile my models now without any problems, but I can't seem to get them viewed into the model viewer, it just keeps chrashing. When decompiling the .mdl I get the right lod_0 and lod_1 models with all the bones.. :(

Man this game is giving me a huge headache!

nice, you are getting closer

if i may suggest, comment all the unecessary lines for now, like the lod1 and the hitboxes

to comment just add // at the beggining of the line, that will make the compiler ignore that line

ok, you problem is probably how you set your modelviewer, mine have 3 diferent games defined, the dota 2 beta, dota 2 test and another folder that i extractted an older version of the beta

try the dota test, it usually works
  • Andyk125
    Offline / Send Message
    nice, you are getting closer

if i may suggest, comment all the unecessary lines for now, like the lod1 and the hitboxes

to comment just add // at the beggining of the line, that will make the compiler ignore that line

ok, you problem is probably how you set your modelviewer, mine have 3 diferent games defined, the dota 2 beta, dota 2 test and another folder that i extractted an older version of the beta

try the dota test, it usually works

Thanks! now I used the DOTA 2 test to compile the .mdl with the cannonfodder studiocompiler and I can even see the model in the viewer :)

I still use a different folder where I decompiled all the models where I can make changes without screwing up anything. Also if I use the Dota 2 test folder it seems I can't get the texture working on the Zuus model :s

I've put the textures into the Materials Folder/Models/Heroes/Zuus. Offcourse in VTF format. Do I allready need to apply the texture to the model if I export as smd? Or how is this working, it shoud load from the matrials folder, right?

(BTW can I zoom into the model with the model viewer?)

sz8bq.jpg
  • Tvidotto
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks! now I used the DOTA 2 test to compile the .mdl with the cannonfodder studiocompiler and I can even see the model in the viewer :)

I still use a different folder where I decompiled all the models where I can make changes without screwing up anything. Also if I use the Dota 2 test folder it seems I can't get the texture working on the Zuus model :s

I've put the textures into the Materials Folder/Models/Heroes/Zuus. Offcourse in VTF format. Do I allready need to apply the texture to the model if I export as smd? Or how is this working, it shoud load from the matrials folder, right?

nice
    last thing, you need to set a material before exporting the model, that material need to be pointing to the VTM file, when exporting the smd check the "export relative material"

in the model viewer, model tab, check that material info on the botton