Old (#1)
I wanted to create a thread in rememberance of Péter Fendrik, because I really feel like he was a big person in 3d Industry.

I never knew him in person but I know his works and they have always been a great impact on me, and I believe we lost a great talent with him passing away

This work is a book cover from back in 1986. Hand-made by watercolor and traditional paintbrush + the gradient background is made by traditional airbrush. (this work was made when Peter was a student at the Fine-Art Secondary School of Pécs, and it was still hanging on the walls of graphics classroom while the five years I spent in those rooms until 2006)

I am sure many of you guys out there are familiar with his artwork!

Last edited by tsabszy; 11-04-2012 at 07:09 AM..
Offline , spline, 217 Posts, Join Date Dec 2010, Location Budapest, Hungary Send a message via Skype™ to tsabszy  

Old (#2)
videos Péter Fendrik has worked on, and if I am correct he was the Art Director of the Award Winning Assasin's Creed - Revalations Trailer as well! I am sure, everyone knows how awsome that video is..

Last edited by tsabszy; 10-31-2012 at 01:15 PM..
Offline , spline, 217 Posts, Join Date Dec 2010, Location Budapest, Hungary Send a message via Skype™ to tsabszy  

Old (#3)
R.I.P.
Offline , spline, 182 Posts, Join Date Nov 2011, Location Ukraine Send a message via MSN to SPYFF Send a message via Skype™ to SPYFF  

Old (#4)
those pic are so classic as CG personal artwork and still look top notch even today. one of my early inspiration to learn 3d

RIP.

Last edited by xvampire; 10-31-2012 at 02:19 PM..
Offline , polycounter, 1,240 Posts, Join Date Feb 2007, Location Montreal  

Old (#5)
yeah, exactly! same goes for me! i think he was my earliest main inspiration to even bother 3d.

R.I.P.

Last edited by tsabszy; 10-31-2012 at 01:43 PM..

Old (#6)
R.I.P. Fendrik Péter

You will be greatly missed, thanks for all your great 3D work you were a huge inspiration.

Offline , polycounter, 952 Posts, Join Date Feb 2009, Location UK  

Old (#7)
woww..he was so young! I remember a lot of those pieces really clearly. He was an awesome artist, that's for sure!
Offline , card carrying polycounter, 1,971 Posts, Join Date Oct 2004, Location Boston Suburbs  

Old (#8)
Thank you everyone. Yes, Pupi was an incredible artist, but a great friend and mentor as well. We'll miss him... this is a very sad time for us

And yes, he was the art director on all of our projects, some of which are still unpublished; with the latest being the Prologue and Epilogue for Halo 4.
Offline , polycounter, 791 Posts, Join Date Sep 2008, Location Budapest, Hungary  

Old (#9)
His personal works and his works with the Digic team will live forever..
Deep condolences Tamás!

Old (#10)
so young indeed what happened?
Offline , polycounter, 777 Posts, Join Date Aug 2009, Location http://nickbarone3d.weebly.com/  

Old (#11)
He got seriously ill and after two years of fighting it finally claimed him... But he was working with us until the very end.

I see his bird family has already been posted, but my personal favorite image of his has always been this one.

Offline , polycounter, 791 Posts, Join Date Sep 2008, Location Budapest, Hungary  

Old (#12)
yeah, i love that one as well. it has a great humor and it's atmosphere is perfect. his works reflect a really clever and always busy thinking mind... inspirational!

btw i've recently seen the Halo 4 intro, endig, epilogue cinematics. congrats for the team!
truly inspirational stuff. Digic has always been making the best cinematics for games. it's on my personal top3 list with Blizzard cinematic team and Blur.
contunue to keep Digic among the best!

Last edited by tsabszy; 11-11-2012 at 12:17 AM..

Old (#13)
Peter Fendrik was the one whoms work made me dive into 3d, especially the Bird-Family. So far I wasn't aware that he passed away. Rest in peace Peter and thanks for the inspiration and your motivating work. You're were and will stay a big idol for me.
Offline , null, 1 Posts, Join Date May 2014,