Home General Discussion

Another reason why ArenaNet is awesome

polycounter lvl 18
Offline / Send Message
Wells polycounter lvl 18
http://www.arena.net/blog/meet_ameranth#more-8060

This is about my sister.

Inspired by her favorite game, she walked across America, ocean to ocean.

When she ended on the west coast, ArenaNet invited her for a tour and a sneak peak at the game, including a look at the then unannounced Mesmer and Silvari. They surprised her by putting her into her favorite franchise. Something most of us can't even boast, and we make the damn things! There aren't really words to express how awesome that is for her.

She spent the better part of the day there and was a perfect ending to her trip.

My mother also got to go on the tour. This meant a lot to me for a couple reasons. My mother has social anxiety and hadn't had a vacation in 20 years. She has played Guild Wars since the beta, and has gone from running against walls to actively playing with strangers and mastering every part of the game. With a little prodding, she drove from Maine to Cali, where she met my sister and they both went up for the tour. The team made them both feel welcome and my mother had a blast. It went so well, she is already talking about taking another vacation. This might sound like a small thing, but to me it is huge.

Thanks ArenaNet for making a game we can play together and for being full of awesome people.

Replies