Technical Artist - 3DS Max & C#
on 05-15-2012 08:42 AM
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum so please allow me to introduce myself before I list my vacancy.
My name is Daniel Cowan and I run a small (boutique if you like) recruitment agency working in the games and creative sectors.
We're not like most other recruiters, in fact we were set up in spite of the general methods adopted by most other recruiters. We try to be different but most of all we try to open and honest and upfront at all times. We don't want to waste time so won't waste yours and we will always give feedback to anyone that emails us their CV for a live vacancy.
If you want to learn a bit more about Level 99 you can catch us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter as well as directly at our website www.level99.co.uk
Here's our job.
Technical Artist - 3DS Max, C#
Location: Sussex | Salary: £DOE, Competitive Salary/Competitive Day Rate
Level 99 are recruiting for a Technical Artist to help bridge the gap between art and technology at an award winning studio.
THIS ROLE COULD BE UNDERTAKEN ON A PERMANENT BASIS, CONTRACT BASIS OR A CONTRACT-TO-PERMANENT BASIS. WE CAN ALSO CONSIDER SPONSORING THE RIGHT CANDIDATE.
If you’re a passionate and enthusiastic artist with the ability to understand and communicate technical issues from an aesthetic point of view, then this could be the role for you. The ideal Technical Artist will have solid experience in a similar role, where they will have gained expert knowledge of maintaining and developing art tools and shaders using 3DS Max. You will be working closely with Artists and Programmers, developing and supporting the pipelines and techniques used to help bring artwork to life.
Main Tasks & Accountabilites:
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Day-to-day Art and Tech team support, helping to solve specific issues blocking production as they arise
- Implement digital content creation software specific workflows, tools and processes to ensure the efficient authoring of assets.
- Investigate, provide input on, and where possible help implement technology, including shaders, plugins and other non-digital content creation software specific tools.
- Help other team members achieve their tasks more efficiently through training and well-written documentation.
- A thorough understanding of 3DS Max.
- Expert knowledge of MaxScript highly advantageous.
- A working knowledge of C# with the ability to write simple classes and assemblies advantageous.
- Excellent problem solving abilities.A good mathematical knowledge would also be advantageous.
If you are looking for an interesting and rewarding project and a long term career then this could be the role for you.
- Experience of working with game asset pipelines, from digital content creation software through to game.
- Experience of software and tool design with a focus on usability and function.
- Experience of asset optimisation techniques.
This role offers a range of excellent benefits in conjunction with a great salary and healthy bonus scheme.
Benefits include: Private Medical Cover, Pension Scheme and 25 days holiday.
Send in your CV for immediate consideration.
We run a leading referral scheme so please look at our other live vacancies to see if you know of anyone that may fit the bill. You could earn up to £1000 per referral.