Old (#1)
Hay everyone new junk. Sort of thinking about making a basketball player...... well at least my version of a Basketball player..maybe.

LATEST UPDATE:

Got sick of playing with this guy, never even went back to finish the sculpt. ohh well there is always the future........ didn't stop me from being a presentation wanker though

Now it is time for something new.

Last edited by duncan; 05-17-2012 at 05:14 PM..
Offline , polycounter, 880 Posts, Join Date Feb 2008,  

Old (#2)
Just a quick Dynamesh. Just playing with proportions.

Old (#3)
You Sir, are a Machine. Keep up the good work, can't wait to see where you go with this.
Offline , spline, 164 Posts, Join Date Aug 2010, Location Auckland, New Zealand Send a message via MSN to Sculptaur Send a message via Skype™ to Sculptaur  

Old (#4)
I'm really excited to see what you do with this.
The proportions are super interesting right now, but to be honest, they almost don't read as all being from the same body. Proportions are too variable, in my opinion. But then, from the side it looks amazing; so maybe if you were to just play with the ribcage from the front, and make it a bit wider, and make the arms longer, that could sort out all of the issues I'm having believing the anatomy. Long arms help them basketballers!
Andrew Leslie - Environment and Prop Artist
Joopson.com - My Portfolio
Polygeist - My Blog
Looking for work.
Offline , dedicated polycounter, 1,369 Posts, Join Date Dec 2006, Location Los Angeles  

Old (#5)
Dat. Neck.

Neat style you're going for, but personally I think the neck might be a little too thick :P
Offline , polycounter, 978 Posts, Join Date Mar 2012, Location British Columbia, Canada Send a message via MSN to Selaznog Send a message via Skype™ to Selaznog  

Old (#6)
Hot damn this is steaming with style already! Loving the proportions man, keep em coming!
Offline , polygon, 511 Posts, Join Date Jul 2011, Location United Kingdom  

Old (#7)
I agree on the neck. The tall lanky proportions sell well, but the neck's thickness breaks it for me.
Offline , null, 6 Posts, Join Date Mar 2012, Location Kirkland WA  

Old (#8)
interesting proportions , i also agree with everyone else, the neck is a bit odd...either that or the fact that the heads is proportioned well in conjuction with the height of the body and in general which isnt working well with the neck looks cool
Offline , triangle, 336 Posts, Join Date Feb 2012, Location Melbourne  

Old (#9)
deff needs a smaller neck

edit: and an afro
edit2: for some reason everytime i look at it im reminded of Semi-Pro's Clarence "Coffee" Black played by Andre Benjamin aka Andrea 3000... maybe it'll give you some ideas to look up that character

Last edited by CandyStripes05; 05-08-2012 at 07:28 PM..
Offline , polygon, 538 Posts, Join Date Apr 2011, Location Ontario, Canada  

Old (#10)
Thanks everyone.

Quick play. Neck and torso looking better now?

Old (#11)
hahah and again.

@ CandyStripes05: hahah yeah. for the win. Actually not too far off.

played with the legs.

Last edited by duncan; 05-08-2012 at 08:59 PM..

Old (#12)
I am not feeling the Basketball vibe anymore... I have no idea who this is

Old (#13)
his face is looking cool man and the proportions are looking better... so he's not bball player anymore? What other ideas you got rolling round in ur head? Interested to see what direction you go with him
Freelance Character Artist
afisher.com.au - CGHub
Offline , triangle, 421 Posts, Join Date Jul 2010, Location Australia Send a message via Skype™ to afisher  

Old (#14)
i still think the neck could be made thinner (not longer) to better suit the character, right now it feels a little too top heavy maybe? :P
Offline , polygon, 538 Posts, Join Date Apr 2011, Location Ontario, Canada  

Old (#15)
Could pop him in a leotard and make him a ballet dancer.
Tipping cows in fields Elysian.

Portfolio: www.jackablade.com
Offline , Counter of Polys™, 6,090 Posts, Join Date Oct 2004, Location Melbourne, Australia  

Old (#16)
@ afisher: hahah no idea who he is man. I think I am just gonna turn him into a bit of texture practice.

@ Jackablade: hahaha..... you make a convincing argument.

Just got a bit more sculpt done. Re topo'd. Started with the texturing and once that is done I will finish off the sculpt make a better low, bake, and test in Marmo. Maybe give him some props too.

Old (#17)
I wish he was more interesting. Maybe later he will be.

Old (#18)
Wow the bot mentioned "neck". Are they getting smarter?

Seriously though, looking good. And I honestly think he would be more of a basketball player if you made the neck thinner.
Offline , polycounter, 978 Posts, Join Date Mar 2012, Location British Columbia, Canada Send a message via MSN to Selaznog Send a message via Skype™ to Selaznog  

Old (#19)
HAHA! nice, really like the proportions and the texturing! I agree with a thinner neck, maybe thinner/longer arms and legs will make him more like a basketball player?
btw how did you texture him? zapplink ?
Offline , line, 52 Posts, Join Date Apr 2007, Location Paris  

Old (#20)
Perhaps he's a circus performer who balances objects on his head, hence his well developed neck and back muscles.
Tipping cows in fields Elysian.

Portfolio: www.jackablade.com
Offline , Counter of Polys™, 6,090 Posts, Join Date Oct 2004, Location Melbourne, Australia  

Old (#21)
Thanks everyone.

Got sick of playing with this guy, never even went back to finish the sculpt. ohh well there is always the future........ didn't stop me from being a presentation wanker though

Now it is time for something new.

Old (#22)
I'd like to request some kinda robot. I don't think I've seen you do a robot yet.
Also, this is pretty alright. As it's just ZB you should try playing with the sss and lighting stuff a bit, see if you can't get get some schmancy lighting going on. Also the third sentence was sarcastic.

-edit-
Ironman doesn't count. I mean like Creaturebox/Ratchet & Clank style or hyper-real District 9/Mechwarrior badassery.

Last edited by ScudzAlmighty; 05-17-2012 at 05:56 PM..
Available for freelance or fulltime work

My Blogfolio
Offline , veteran polycounter, 2,632 Posts, Join Date Apr 2009, Location Vancouver BC