Liquid Development is looking for an experienced and passionate 3D Character Artist to expand our renowned team and lead production across the wide and exciting range of projects we are known for. The ideal candidate is thoroughly experienced in all phases of modern AAA character production from concept through sculpting to game engine integration. They will have a complete grasp of both the technical and aesthetic skills needed to create stunning characters. Excellent communication skills and deep experience will allow them to effectively critique and direct work in production. If you want to have a hand in the top industry titles in production and feel you are ready to lead teams in creating the most advanced characters in the business Liquid Development has the opportunity for you.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Communicate with clients effectively and ensure clear understanding of the work to be done.
• Specifying best production practices to meet project goals.
• Direction and critique of work being done, communicating clearly in both visual and written form.
• Creating “Gold Standard” work to clearly define the quality bar of a project.
• Work with our management team to develop schedules, budgets, and production plans to complete projects successfully.
• Manage your team to follow the production plan.
• Participate in the collaborative environment of our studio to support and enrich our productions and your personal skills.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Thorough understanding/experience of the full character production pipeline, including concepting, sculpting, blockouts/retopo, game model, UV, material creation, rigging and skinning.
• Expert knowledge of 3D Studio Max or Maya. Proficiency in the one you’re not expert with.
• Z-Brush and strong sculpting skills.
• Unreal 3 or other real-time engine experience.
• Must be able to integrate assests into an engine environment.
• Must understand character rigging and weighing and building game res meshes for animation.
• Strong ability to direct visually.
• Ability to work with deadlines and tight schedules.
• Ability to work with many different styles from photo real to highly stylized.
• Traditional art skills, especially drawing and a solid understanding of anatomy and design.
• Experience managing teams.
• Significant contribution to at least 3 shipped titles.
• Working portfolio that demonstrates required skills and abilities.
Please send cover letter, portfolio or link, and resume with “Character Art Director Position” in the subject line to email@example.com
Liquid Development is in its 12th year as the leading external production studio in the video game industry. Creating worlds, Characters, Animations, Props, Cinematics, and Special Effects for titles such as Microsoft’s Kinect Adventures, Borderlands 1 & 2, The Rockband series (including The Beatles:Rockband), The Mass Effect Series, The Killzone Series, and Dragon Age Series and todays top titles in production. The partnerships Liquid Development has formed with its clients are founded upon our dedication to the disciplined management, communication, and production practices which are essential to meet the demanding schedules, budgets, and quality standards of today’s AAA video game titles.