Old (#1)
hey guys/girls

i'm put this thread together because there's nothing as far as my knowledge of Max Payne in the forum.

So if you have anything that is inspired by Max Payne (2D/3D work) from either first, second or third game post it here, anything that you want to discuss about the game or the series it self feel free to post and basically ye that's it really.

and lastly if you also want to talk about the companies that make Max Payne (Remedy Entertainment or Rockstar games) also feel free to post but don't go to off topic this is for Max Payne so ye.

hope you guys will like this thread as much as i will and have a good day from where ever you are.
Offline , line, 50 Posts, Join Date Mar 2012, Location UK  

Old (#2)
here is a playlist on Rockstar's youtube channel for Max Payne 3
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...2&feature=plcp

and here is the website for Max Payne 3
http://www.rockstargames.com/maxpayne3/

Old (#3)
Well I cannot wait for Max Payne 3, at first I was a little nervous Remedy was not at the helm but I have a feeling it will turn out pretty good. I'm just a little upset the PC version comes out May 29th. I hope with the extra time rockstar makes sure its optimized for pc's. Gta IV's optimization was horrible on pc.
Portfolio Topic, Need crits! ||GooglePlus ||Portfolio Environment Artist at Sony Bend
Offline , polycounter, 917 Posts, Join Date May 2011, Location Fort Wayne, IN  

Old (#4)
even though im a console gamer i hope that the PC port is good because it's one of those game's which is awesome and that everyone should get the best really, and even though Remedy aren't doing Max Payne 3 i new that Rockstar would do it good because i personally think that Rockstar are an AMAZING company.

Old (#5)
Are there any good deals on where to get it? Like Amazon's $20 bucks on next order kinda stuff?
Offline , triangle, 448 Posts, Join Date Sep 2008, Location Los Angeles, CA  

Old (#6)
don't think sooooooo, i know they had a limited edition for it which came with a figure of Max but sadly that was for north America and not us guys in Europe. single tear and i think that edition is sold out for limited time thing

Old (#7)
I need a major upgrade on my pc to play this game as it should..... shame.... i think the pc will outshine the console by a lot. Plus, it will be weird to play max without a mouse and keyboard.

Apart from that, game look fantastic! I am really excited for this.

I know in Europe they had a good deal for the game, like 25% off. So it would come down to 45 dlls. But i dunno if that would translate into this region. I can look for the link if you want.
~
Braulio Cejudo -
Portfolio
Blog
Lead Artist - 1st Playable Productions
Offline , card carrying polycounter, 2,188 Posts, Join Date Aug 2008, Location Troy, New York Send a message via AIM to glottis8 Send a message via MSN to glottis8  

Old (#8)
Looking forward to this, particularly for single player, but curious how the multiplayer is.

35Gb hard disk space required? Beast.
www.mongrelman.com - Available for new freelance work soon
Offline , card carrying polycounter, 2,133 Posts, Join Date Jun 2005, Location UK  

Old (#9)
Yeah I find the 35gb requirement to be a bit excessive, but the game itself looks awesome. i just need to fix my computer ASAP!!!
Right click for more options.

Subscribe to my youtube channel
Offline , triangle, 485 Posts, Join Date Jul 2011, Location Denver, CO Send a message via Skype™ to Donavonyoung  

Old (#10)
i like how they have brought the bullet time into the multiplayer very interesting

Old (#11)
so its out next week, who's up for getting a gang going?

i'm still on the fence about wether i'm getting the pc or 360 version. Would much prefer the pc version, but if there's going to be more activity online for the 360 i'l go that route
Portfolio -- www.mikefortais.net --
Offline , dedicated polycounter, 1,322 Posts, Join Date Nov 2004, Location Toronto, Ontario  

Old (#12)
Agreed.... i think i might go with 360... and then later when it drops price on pc i'll get that one.

I am up for playing tho, this game is gonna be sweet! so much to play between this and Diablo 3 and Dragons Dogma.
~
Braulio Cejudo -
Portfolio
Blog
Offline , card carrying polycounter, 2,188 Posts, Join Date Aug 2008, Location Troy, New York Send a message via AIM to glottis8 Send a message via MSN to glottis8  

Old (#13)
if you are dying to play it then get the console version because i think the PC version is coming out later, but its up to you really

Old (#14)
ahhh damn, thanks for the heads up jjsuperspy, just checked steam and its not out for another 3 weeks almost! thats friggin' shabby for what was originally a pc franchise.

glottis8, you up for some live action if i go the 360 way?
Offline , dedicated polycounter, 1,322 Posts, Join Date Nov 2004, Location Toronto, Ontario  

Old (#15)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeF View Post
ahhh damn, thanks for the heads up jjsuperspy, just checked steam and its not out for another 3 weeks almost! thats friggin' shabby for what was originally a pc franchise.

glottis8, you up for some live action if i go the 360 way?

yeh... the pc version comes out at the end of may... and i am sure it'll come out and there will be patches right away. I am not aware of any stress tests on their severs and what not.

But yea! i'll play with ya on the 360 for sure. lets just hope the 360 is the better of the 2 consoles.
~
Braulio Cejudo -
Portfolio
Blog

Old (#16)
http://www.rockstargames.com/videos/video/9731
Offline , veteran polycounter, 4,273 Posts, Join Date Oct 2004, Location Edinburgh, Scotland Send a message via MSN to Rick Stirling  

Old (#17)
i can't wait... ICANTWAIT.... I can't wait... ICANTWAIT!!
- Environment Work - [Art Dump] [CGHUB]

CURRENT PROJECT - @ - Ready At Dawn.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Lj3pfRgiuU
Offline , card carrying polycounter, 2,280 Posts, Join Date Jul 2009, Location Irvine, CA. Send a message via Skype™ to Alberto Rdrgz  

Old (#18)
so - anybody got it yet? am i missing the real max payne thread (TM) somehow?

honsestly i was more than skeptical after seeing early footage - you might even say totally dismissive ;) - but having seen it recently i've just ordered this for 360. looks completely awesome and with an atmosphere that reminds me very much of mel gibson's 'payback'.

i hope it delivers on that and from the looks of it i won't have to sit through goofy cutscenes with embarassing dialogue, fist-pounding and high-fiving like some competitors do them. ;)

seemingly, those recent rockstar games feature quite nice character work as well. is there any behind-the-scenes stuff out for this (and RDD)?
Offline , dedicated polycounter, 1,344 Posts, Join Date Nov 2004, Location Germany Send a message via ICQ to thomasp  

Old (#19)
Yeap! Great game!
Offline , card carrying polycounter, 2,020 Posts, Join Date Aug 2007, Location q3dm6  

Old (#20)
Bought it but like most games i buy nowadays, it's sat on my shelf

From the ~hour i've played though it's pretty awesome.
Offline , line, 72 Posts, Join Date May 2011,  

Old (#21)
I'm biased, but I'm loving it.
Offline , veteran polycounter, 4,273 Posts, Join Date Oct 2004, Location Edinburgh, Scotland Send a message via MSN to Rick Stirling  

Old (#22)
i got it on PC... i think it unlocks this friday. Can't wait to play this!

Just saw this:

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/05/28/ma...hots-released/

LOWEST TESTED SPECS
  • Windows 7/Vista/XP PC (32 or 64 bit)
  • Intel Dual Core 2.4 GHZ or AMD Dual Core 2.6 GHZ, or better
  • 2GB System RAM
  • NVIDIA® GeForce 8600 GT 512MB RAM or AMD Radeon™ HD 3400 512MB RAM

LOW RECOMMENDED SPECS
  • Windows 7/Vista/XP PC (32 or 64 bit)
  • Intel Dual Core 3GHz or AMD equivalent
  • 3GB System RAM
  • NVIDIA® GeForce 450 512MB RAM or AMD Radeon™ HD 4870 512MB RAM

HIGH RECOMMENDED SPECS
  • Windows 7/Vista (32 or 64 bit)
  • Intel i7 Quad Core 2.8Ghz or AMD equivalent
  • 3GB System RAM
  • NVIDIA® GeForce 480 1GB RAM or AMD Radeon™ HD 5870 1GB RAM

HIGHEST TESTED SPECS
  • Windows 7/Vista (64 bit)
  • Intel i7 3930K 6 Core x 3.06 GHZ or AMD FX8150 8 Core x 3.6 GHZ
  • 16GB System RAM
  • NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 680 2GB RAM or AMD Radeon™ HD 7970 3GB RAM
This is a lot more generous and flexible i think.

Last edited by glottis8; 05-30-2012 at 07:50 AM..
~
Braulio Cejudo -
Portfolio
Blog

Old (#23)
nice, something that can finally take advantage of my 16gb of ram!

Yeah cant wait to give it a go, i was holding off for the last two weeks on getting it for the 360, almost broke down and got it a few times after seeing adverts all over the city.

Old (#24)
I'm a few hours into disc two on the xbox, and I love everything about this game. My faith is restored in R*... for now. I love me some bald angry max with a couple 1911s!
3D Artist at Obsidian Entertainment
Portfolio: http://btb3d.com
Offline , polygon, 689 Posts, Join Date Feb 2010, Location Orange County, CA  

Old (#25)
I like how PC Gamer test with lower than lowest recommended specs! Very handy.

35 gigs though? That's insane. Crysis 2 was 9GB.
Offline , Banned, 5,298 Posts, Join Date Dec 2008,