Old (#1)
This is my current after hours model. The mesh is still a work in progress, the rubber handle especially needs more work. I figured I'd start a thread before I start texturing.

(for anyone wondering the locust is on a computer a few hundred miles away )

Stats:
Texture: 1024X1024
Tri's: 2900

Baked/Modeled in Max

Crits / Questions are invited.

And last the high poly (beautyfully presented in a grey viewport)

Last edited by r_fletch_r; 04-30-2012 at 07:22 PM..
Offline , veteran polycounter, 2,970 Posts, Join Date Feb 2010, Location Ireland  

Old (#2)
Do you plan on modeling the curvy seams on the handle? You might want to because the handle just looks like a large boring mass, unless you have a texture plan. Also your text is backwards, it says VTX on the concept, yours says XTV. Looks good besides that though, clean bake.
"I greatly appreciate any advice, tips, tricks, knowledge, feedback and/or any critique on my work." Thanks!
Portfolio - Associate Environment Artist @ Crystal Dynamics.
Offline , dedicated polycounter, 1,323 Posts, Join Date Mar 2011, Location San Jose  

Old (#3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BARDLER View Post
Do you plan on modeling the curvy seams on the handle? You might want to because the handle just looks like a large boring mass, unless you have a texture plan. Also your text is backwards, it says VTX on the concept, yours says XTV. Looks good besides that though, clean bake.
Thanks mate, It says VTX on the other side I'm thinking someone at BioWare chose that text because it mirrors.

I plan to sculpt in that inset curve in 3D Coat.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg VTX.JPG (18.0 KB, 37 views)

Last edited by r_fletch_r; 04-30-2012 at 07:27 PM..
Offline , veteran polycounter, 2,970 Posts, Join Date Feb 2010, Location Ireland  

Tags
mass effect 2 , tempest smg