Finished the low, sitting at 7074 tris with everything mirrored/instanced. Currently only have test bake done and applied, baked at 1024. I have changed the geo and the UV pack a bit since that first bake so some of the pieces are a bit off but that will be resolved once I finish the HQ bakes. I think I will be able to do this with 1024 maps rather than 2048 like my previous prop.
Regarding how I created the weld seams; I made one sphere, added turbosmooth/ffd3x3/noise then instanced a small set of them and then continued instancing that set along the entire seam. Obviously, I had to manually change some of them to keep it looking too uniform but the entire process did not take terribly long. I would say a little over an hour total. I am fairly happy with how well they came out even in the low quality bake.
As for the wire render, I have added some geo to the claw and various other areas since that render, I will get another wire with updated geo up soon.
Another disclaimer regarding the wire render, the geo on the hoses have been cut down considerably, going to pass out for tonight but I will update again tomorrow.