Old (#26)
When blending I use many small circular motions to make it look like its been hit with a hammer, takes a bit of time but not too long thanks!

I'm pretty bummed out that those awesome blue sleeves are no longer visible shoulders feel too bland I'm going to address that tonight
Offline , card carrying polycounter, 2,447 Posts, Join Date Mar 2010, Location Were I can art  

Old (#27)
Noo not second page!!

Also, should I tint the armor copperIsh like I did or keep it blue?
Offline , card carrying polycounter, 2,447 Posts, Join Date Mar 2010, Location Were I can art  

Old (#28)
Nice work already! Do you have a special brush for the painting?
Offline , line, 60 Posts, Join Date Feb 2012, Location The Nederlands  

Old (#29)
Niice, to see you doing 3d. Not bad, I could definatly see this in an rts or an ipad game. If you can why not sculpt some normals?
Offline , polycounter, 883 Posts, Join Date Nov 2010, Location whiteman MO  

Old (#30)
@mrrik it was all painted with the standard round brush

Bonner, eh I don't think normals go well with hand painted honestly because when you paint the light yourself it looks much more artistic. Normals make it feel too technical , but i do think specular maps work really well though, thanks! And yes the view this model is seen at will be similar to a mobile app, which is why I see no need for me to redo the straps unless it hinders the final result which I can't wait to get to

Last edited by frell; 04-16-2012 at 08:59 AM..

Old (#31)
wow really great lookin. The metall looks awsome
Offline , triangle, 256 Posts, Join Date Feb 2011, Location Sweden Send a message via MSN to Samfisher84  

Old (#32)
Alright guys I really need some input here. The shoulders make the thing feel awkward. I don't know if its just im seeing too much metal... which is realistic, or if theyre flat our wrong.

I may counter this high metal concentration by making the chain-mail darker but I dont think itll help the right spots

In fact, they shoulders may be tilted wrong. Ill play with it.

Heres a change to the shoulders to make them more realistic

crits nao

Last edited by frell; 04-16-2012 at 04:09 PM..

Old (#33)
My friends seem to prefer the shorter neck guard