Old (#1)
Hi guys,

I'm trying to create fire that will stay still during an animation, like a freeze frame. I can get it working if I use the flame.ma from fluid examples in the visor and then detach time in the connection editor. This works perfectly until I close the file and then re-open it again.

I assume cache'ing might have something to do with it but I don't understand dynamics at all....
MathewO.co.uk
Environment Artist || Ubisoft Massive
Offline , polygon, 634 Posts, Join Date Feb 2011, Location Malmo, Sweden Send a message via Skype™ to Mathew O  

Old (#2)
have you tried connecting time to something else with a constant value?
Offline , veteran polycounter, 2,970 Posts, Join Date Feb 2010, Location Ireland  

Old (#3)
Ah yeah I just tried that and it worked until I closed the scene and re-opened it again I think it's basically forgetting what the simulation actually looked like at the point i'm freezing it...
MathewO.co.uk
Offline , polygon, 634 Posts, Join Date Feb 2011, Location Malmo, Sweden Send a message via Skype™ to Mathew O  

Old (#4)
i'd say try doing a cache, then split the animation at the desired frame using the trax editor
Portfolio -- www.mikefortais.net --
Online , dedicated polycounter, 1,321 Posts, Join Date Nov 2004, Location Toronto, Ontario  

Old (#5)
Sorry to sound like a fool but how on earth would I go about any of that?
MathewO.co.uk

Old (#6)
Ok I think I have figured it all out and I'm pretty sure it's worked perfectly, just testing now. Thanks guys
MathewO.co.uk

Old (#7)
Ok so I'm having one more little issue with the flame in my scene that I was hoping you guys might have a fix for?

Basically the flame looks fine until there's nothing behind it and then it's so transparent that you can barely see it... here's an image so you know what I mean.

MathewO.co.uk