Assistant Art Director
At Deep Silver Publishing, you will take some of the most exciting brands to the next level. Be part of our international team, where innovation, passion, and individual contribution are valued and rewarded. If you are a success-oriented and proven high achiever with a high willingness to learn and grow, you’ll fit right in to our flat organization.
The Assistant Art Director reports directly to the Art Director and supports him in guiding and refining a strong artistic vision for Deep Silver´s most exciting projects. They ensure that a consistent artistic style is maintained and help achieve thrilling titles that resonate with our target audiences within given constraints. This position has a strong management focus and comes with a broad range of responsibilities. It demands strong cooperation with all departments including: Art, Engineering, Design, Audio, and Marketing to ensure the art vision is shared by everyone. Therefore, we seek an achiever, who combines creative talent with strong communication skills and an engaging personality.
This job will require travels between our Munich headquarters and our development studios.
- Support defining the artistic style and creative vision of games
- Drive the art vision throughout the development process
- Establish, communicate and manage department objectives to meet project schedules
- Set up and oversee production pipelines (both large and small)
- Collaborate with game play designers, story writers, game writers, and other internal and external project members to deliver on a unique gaming experience from high concept to complete GDD
- Support the producer in setting clear creative goals and deliverables; focus efforts across the Producing Team
to ensure a cohesive experience across the game and service
- Ensure accuracy of art scope, schedule, and budget within the Producing Team
- Create formal and informal critique, and provide effective feedback for individual and team development and the development of the product
- Inspire people and foster a creative, collaborative environment across all stakeholder groups
- Research industry trends in game development in regards to art design and technologies
- Maintain the art section of our research database
- Develop good and productive relationships with external partners
- Interact positively and effectively with employees at all levels within the organization, as well as with customers, prospects, and vendors
Primary Skills and Abilities:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Art from an accredited school
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong decision-making and conflict resolution skills
- A passion for video games
- Conceptualization skills such as sketching, illustrating, drafting and painting
- Experience with lighting, composition, color studies, painting and storyboards
- Familiarity with industry standard tools and software
- Ability to work in a broad range of visual styles
- Ability to respond elegantly to difficult creative changes, even late in the process
- Patience and a strong sense of humor
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written
Beneficial further Experience:
- Three or more years’ experience in the game industry
- Two published games (credited)
- Experience in art recruiting
- Experience in working with outsourced art teams and art integration
- Management experience leading a team of artists
- Experience designing interfaces
About Deep Silver
- Full time, permanent
- Based in Munich, Germany – strictly no freelancers!
- International applications are welcome!
is an independent worldwide developer and publisher of interactive entertainment software.
Based in Munich, Germany, we are developing and publishing content for all current gaming platforms, including home video game consoles such as the Microsoft Xbox 360®, Nintendo Wii™, Sony PlayStation® 3 and handheld platforms such as Nintendo’s DS™ and Sony’s PSP® (PlayStation® Portable) system, tablets, smartphones and personal computers.
’s product strategy is focused on delivering innovative, high-quality games to core gamers. Our internally created franchises include the groundbreaking Dead Island
™, Ride to Hell
™ and Sacred
™ - amongst many others
Interested candidates please send your complete application including your desired salary and how you learned about the open position to:
Koch Media GmbH
Lochhamer Str. 9