Popped his head clean off, just as promised. Discovered orienting the scale tool based on the normal position tonight. Big fan. I tried to figure out how to make a hose out of a cylinder. It would need to hang from one of the boxes at his waist, drape over his thigh, and extend up into his backpack. Doable, but once I realized the scale of that learning experience I wisely decided to leave that until tomorrow.
I'm definitively thinking I'm going to need to clip off the oxygen canisters and their brackets at some point here. They need to fit snugly with the helmet and I think it will be easier to build that, and then fit the canisters to however that ends up taking shape.
Feedback and suggestions especially welcome.