WANTED!! (Junior) Technical Artist
on 03-06-2012 07:23 AM
About Deep Silver
Deep Silver is an independent worldwide developer and publisher of interactive entertainment software.
Based in Munich, Germany, we are developing and publishing content for all current gaming platforms, including home video game consoles such as the Microsoft Xbox 360®, Nintendo Wii™, Sony PlayStation® 3 and handheld platforms such as Nintendo’s DS™ and Sony’s PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system, tablets, smartphones and personal computers.
Deep Silver’s product strategy is focused on delivering innovative, high-quality games to core gamers. Our internally created franchises include the groundbreaking Dead Island™, Risen™, Ride to Hell™ and Sacred™ - amongst many others.
At Deep Silver Publishing, you will take some of the most exciting brands to the next level. We run a flat organization where innovation, passion, personal responsibility and individual contribution are valued and rewarded appropriately. If you are a success-oriented and proven high achiever, you’ll fit right in with our dynamic team!
Junior Technical Artist
The (Junior) Technical Artist reports to the Art Director or his assistants. This is a position that requires production and review of creative and visually inspiring 3D assets for multiple high-profile titles with a broad range of responsibilities. The (Junior) Technical Artist will support the Art Director and our development teams in refining a strong artistic vision for our most exciting games.
- Primary Responsibilities:
- Create, review and rework 3D game assets, like character models, props and items.
- Conceptualize and create 3D assets based on written design descriptions
- Work independently on major design initiatives
- Collaborate with game play designers, story writers, game writers, and other internal and external project members to deliver on a unique gaming experience
- Help defining visual and art standards/processes and ensure all creative material is consistent and in accordance with budget and vision
- Meet project deadlines / milestones as set by the Producer and Art Director
- Inspire people with your ideas
- Secondary Responsibilities:
- Develop good and productive relationships with external partners
- Interact positively and effectively with employees at all levels within the organization, as well as with customers, prospects, and vendors
- Primary Skills and Abilities:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Art from an accredited school
- Outstanding portfolio that demonstrates a strong artistic style
- Excellent modeling skills
- Deep knowledge of shader techniques
- Competent understanding of character and architectural design
- Ability and willingness to learn different art styles
- Ability to match an art style to game tone and audience
- Ability to give and take direction constructively
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong decision-making and conflict resolution skills
- A passion for video games
- Familiarity with industry standard tools and software
- Ability to work in a broad range of visual styles
- Patience and a strong sense of humor
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written
- Preferred Experience:
- Experience in the game industry
- Experience designing interfaces
- Full time, permanent
- Based in Munich, Germany – strictly no freelancers!
- International applications are welcome!
Interested candidates please send your job application to:
Koch Media GmbH
Lochhamer Str. 9