WANTED!! Junior Concept Artist
on 03-06-2012 07:20 AM
About Deep Silver
Deep Silver is an independent worldwide developer and publisher of interactive entertainment software.
Based in Munich, Germany, we are developing and publishing content for all current gaming platforms, including home video game consoles such as the Microsoft Xbox 360®, Nintendo Wii™, Sony PlayStation® 3 and handheld platforms such as Nintendo’s DS™ and Sony’s PSP® (PlayStation®Portable) system, tablets, smartphones and personal computers.
Deep Silver’s product strategy is focused on delivering innovative, high-quality games to core gamers. Our internally created franchises include the groundbreaking Dead Island™, Risen™, Ride to Hell™ and Sacred™ - amongst many others.
At Deep Silver Publishing, you will take some of the most exciting brands to the next level. We run a flat organization where innovation, passion, personal responsibility and individual contribution are valued and rewarded appropriately. If you are a success-oriented and proven high achiever, you’ll fit right in with our dynamic team!
Junior Concept Artist
The (Junior) Concept Artist reports to the Art Director or his assistants. This is a position that requires creative and visually inspiring concept production for multiple high-profile titles with a broad range of responsibilities. The (Junior) Concept Artist will support the Art Director and our development teams in guiding and refining a strong artistic vision for our most exciting games.
- Primary Responsibilities:
- Provide high quality concept artworks to support our development teams and emerge as interface between vision and reality
- Create character and gameplay artworks and take part in the artistic direction
- Conceptualize and create a plan for building a gameplay area based on written design descriptions
- Work independently on major design initiatives
- Collaborate with game play designers, story writers, game writers, and other internal and external project members to deliver on a unique gaming experience
- Assist Game Designers in executing and documenting the creative vision, from high concept to complete GDD
- Help defining visual and art standards/processes and ensure all creative material is consistent and in accordance with budget and vision
- Meet project deadlines / milestones as set by the Producer and Art Director
- Inspire people with your ideas
- Secondary Responsibilities:
- Develop good and productive relationships with external partners
- Interact positively and effectively with employees at all levels within the organization, as well as with customers, prospects, and vendors
- Primary Skills and Abilities:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Art from an accredited school
- Outstanding portfolio that demonstrates a strong artistic style
- Excellent drawing skills in both traditional and digital formats
- Conceptualization skills such as sketching, illustrating, drafting and painting
- Excellent grasp of environment design
- Competent understanding of character design
- Ability and willingness to learn different art styles
- Ability to match an art style to game tone and audience
- Ability to give and take direction constructively
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong decision-making and conflict resolution skills
- A passion for video games
- Experience with lighting, composition, color studies, painting and storyboards
- Familiarity with industry standard tools and software
- Ability to work in a broad range of visual styles
- Patience and a strong sense of humor
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written
- Preferred Experience:
- Experience in the game industry
- Experience designing interfaces
- Full time, permanent
- Based in Munich, Germany – strictly no freelancers!
- International applications are welcome!
Interested candidates please send your job application to:
Koch Media GmbH
Lochhamer Str. 9