ROCKSTAR NORTH - JUNIOR CHARACTER ANIMATOR
on 03-01-2012 09:20 AM
We are looking for talented Junior Character Animators. All candidates should be able to demonstrate exceptional animation skills - in particular we will be looking to see examples of movement, character and the human figure.
You will be self-motivated and effective working to a brief. You'll be able to plan and schedule your time, work well under pressure and have the confidence to deliver to a deadline.
Candidates should be fluent in one or more of the major software packages, with skills in Motionbuilder an advantage.
- Edit motion capture performances to a high level of quality as determined by the Lead Animator
- Create high quality animations consistent to the character’s personality, design and movement style.
- Meet project deadlines / milestones, as set by the Lead Animator and Production.
- Assist in the integration of animation with designers and engineers to create compelling in-game animation.
- Consistently meet project deadlines in a timely manner without compromising artistic integrity.
- Minimum of 3-year degree or equivalent work experience.
- Excellent demo reel demonstrating an emphasis in human character animation, strong animation ability and good aesthetic eye.
- Thorough understanding and application of classic animation principles (staging, timing, anticipation, follow through, etc.)
- All applicants should be fluent in one or more of the major packages with MotionBuilder experience an advantage.
- Strong interest in video games.
- Strong traditional animation/art background.
Please note: ALL applications should be accompanied by a demo reel, either on DVD or a web link.
· Demo reels should be no longer than 3 minutes.
· Sound is not important.
Please apply online at www.rockstargames.com/jobs
- Experience with engines, or video games animation experience an advantage.
- Ability to understand a brief and take direction and communicate effectively with a wide variety of project staff.