Old (#26)
Thanks! I used water soluble colored pencils and then a wet brush.
Offline , veteran polycounter, 3,399 Posts, Join Date Oct 2004, Location San Francisco, CA Send a message via AIM to Jeff Parrott Send a message via Skype™ to Jeff Parrott  

Old (#27)
Did up a concept for a new project idea.

Offline , veteran polycounter, 3,399 Posts, Join Date Oct 2004, Location San Francisco, CA Send a message via AIM to Jeff Parrott Send a message via Skype™ to Jeff Parrott  

Old (#28)
Decided to make it a KISS totem pole.

Old (#29)
Amulet concept

Old (#30)
and a koi pond little bridge idea

Old (#31)
You have improved really fast, your painting is better now compared to last page, I also enjoyed the video, nice idea with those totems.
Offline , triangle, 322 Posts, Join Date Nov 2010, Location London  

Old (#32)
Thanks Pix! Been working at it a decent amount.

Old (#33)
Here's a grass texture. I need to redo this and ScreenFlow the process.

Old (#34)
omg niiicee grass *_* but you would do that again just to screencap it??!
Offline , dedicated polycounter, 1,705 Posts, Join Date Nov 2010,  

Old (#35)
Thanks Jess!

No just to record the process of painting that.

Old (#36)
Cool, like your work and your blog write ups. Thanks
Offline , null, 18 Posts, Join Date Mar 2012,  

Old (#37)
Thanks Krhiven! Glad someone digs the stuff.

Here's that walkthrough of how I did this texture. It's not the exact same one so it might look a little different. But it's the identical process.

Old (#38)
No problem, thanks for taking the time.
Offline , null, 18 Posts, Join Date Mar 2012,  

Old (#39)
Thanks for the tutorial!

I appreciate it!
Offline , spline, 215 Posts, Join Date Jun 2011, Location Pittsburgh  

Old (#40)
Gonna try out this method for grass texture if I do I'll post result

Old (#41)
Please do Pix! Just a heads up make sure to spend some time (more than I did for the video) on the blade of grass or a few blades to get them looking awesome. That reduces any heavy art lifting you have to do later.

Old (#42)
Quick skull sculpt in ZBrush after watching Bobo's vigilnights stream.

Old (#43)
Read some Avenging Spider-Man the other day and got really inspired to make a weapon. Might take this in ZBrush at some point.

Old (#44)

Old (#45)
Going to model up these pieces and make these.

Old (#46)
Digging this latest stuff man; you're really improving a lot. The one thing I can say is that I think you're relying too much on black for your shadows. I'd say experiment a bit more with adding color into your shading and see how that works. I also could be completely full of shit (most of the time I am).
"The artist formerly known as suburbbum"
Max's Recycle Bin
Sketchbook
Offline , dedicated polycounter, 1,331 Posts, Join Date Jun 2009, Send a message via Skype™ to Daven  

Old (#47)
Thanks Max. I mainly work in grey/grayscale for a portion of time. That's probably where that's coming from. I'll try to start with color from step 1 on the next piece. Hopefully that will fix that issue.

In the past I've had trouble just with value let alone colors. So I decided to just get a good handle on values then work in colors. Thanks again for the critique.

Old (#48)
Few doodles from today. Trying to get better about painting/sketching/sculpting every day.

Old (#49)
I like the style, very unique. Also, the grass is looking good.
Offline , spline, 147 Posts, Join Date Apr 2008, Location Chicago Area  

Old (#50)
I was trying to make this grass texture in past days, but I don't get such good results, but I found the technique very useful for other types of textures, spreading rocks, making full base texture by only using small bits from photo texture, which is very useful indeed.