Small start from this evening:

Comments most welcome
Offline , polycounter, 933 Posts, Join Date Sep 2009, Location Seattle  

Old (#2)
Looking good!
Offline , triangle, 338 Posts, Join Date Mar 2012,  

Old (#3)
Wow, those look badass!
Offline , dedicated polycounter, 1,582 Posts, Join Date Jul 2011, Location Germany  

Old (#4)
really like the sorta high priestess look on the far left, battle worthy and regal
Offline , null, 1 Posts, Join Date Oct 2012,  

Old (#5)
Love that middle one.
Offline , Moderator++, 1,575 Posts, Join Date Oct 2004, Location Austin Texas!  

Old (#6)
don't know if the black one fits the color scheme but it looks bad ass ! i would make the shapes on her torso more curvy to make her look more sexy
Offline , line, 85 Posts, Join Date Nov 2004,  

Old (#7)
The black one is definately really cool, but like oDD said the colors doesn't fit too well, nice shapes though.
Offline , spline, 239 Posts, Join Date Jul 2008, Location Sweden Send a message via MSN to Pierate  

Old (#8)
The middle one is really cool, would love to see a 3qrtr view.
Environment Artist
Secret Frog Studios
jessrwest@gmail.com
Dota 2 Submission
Offline , line, 83 Posts, Join Date Feb 2008, Location Phoenix, Az, USA  

Old (#9)
Very cool. I think the middle one would translate into 3d quite nicely, and the contrast makes it more interesting than the one on the left. Looking forward to this!
Offline , triangle, 484 Posts, Join Date Oct 2004,  

Old (#10)
looks cool!
Offline , null, 10 Posts, Join Date Jul 2012,  

Old (#11)
Thanks for the feedback Moving forward with the second one. Im thinking this will be a variant where Naga Siren has embraced her banishment and taken on a darker and more sinister set of armor...

Old (#12)
Wow! These are both looking excellent! It looks like you could really go either way (good or evil). I'm favoring the shape of the lighter design, however the darker one is very interesting. I like that the dark helmet is a little crooked at the top. It still needs something though. Perhaps you could create more of an S-curve from the side view? Could look more interesting in that perspective.
Offline , line, 97 Posts, Join Date Sep 2010, Location USA  

Old (#13)
You've got some excellent shapes and colors going on there. I can't wait to see what else you come up with!
Offline , triangle, 253 Posts, Join Date Feb 2008, Location Phoenix, AZ  

Old (#14)
Love this and the colors are great!

- BoBo
Offline , Moderator++, 1,575 Posts, Join Date Oct 2004, Location Austin Texas!  

Old (#15)
Beautiful concepts, I think the colours are great but I think it could benefit from some of the original colour-scheme bleeding in somewhere just so that it's not a mass of black and orange. It's hard to tell how it will come across until its in-game though.
Offline , polycounter, 938 Posts, Join Date May 2010, Location Sydney Send a message via Skype™ to BrontoThunder  

Old (#16)
Oh wow I LOVE that helm!! Very sexy!
Offline , polycounter, 1,277 Posts, Join Date Sep 2007, Location Widgee, Australia  

Old (#17)
As a personal opinion I don't like the idea of a helmet. More "hair" styles would be wonderful though
Offline , line, 59 Posts, Join Date Oct 2012,  

Old (#18)
nice idea, like the design and the colours.
Offline , line, 99 Posts, Join Date Sep 2008,  

Old (#19)
your concepts are amazing! and I absolutely love the level of details in them! but i would have to go with BrontoThunder about the colors pallet, maybe a dark blue, instead of the black?

it looks killer! i love that darker twist to her character! it fits her very well!
Cant wait to see more!
Rosalie M.
Character Artist
Portfolio: www.RosalieMantion.com
Deviantart: www.Rorozilla.Deviantart.com
Site: www.GrayRoseGames.Com
Offline , line, 85 Posts, Join Date Jul 2011, Location montreal  

Old (#20)
Thanks for the feedback guys I agree, and Im going to try to blend towards the original color scheme using the spec and rim light. Its not very prominent in the concept, but the spec is relating back to the hue in the mid torso. The orange is a shift from that found in her head, but i pushed it a bit too far to see the relation. Hopefully Ill have more up soon

Old (#21)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ENODMI View Post
Thanks for the feedback guys I agree, and I'm going to try to blend towards the original color scheme using the spec and rim light. Its not very prominent in the concept, but the spec is relating back to the hue in the mid torso. The orange is a shift from that found in her head, but i pushed it a bit too far to see the relation. Hopefully Ill have more up soon
I am wondering how you want to achieve this since you can't use specular colours. (all the special map are in gray scale).
Offline , polycounter, 880 Posts, Join Date Nov 2004, Location The Netherlands  

Old (#22)
You know who this is...Love the "head piece" or helmet for this character and like the dark side to character. I know you will continue to use highlights and lowlights in your textures to make it all work together. Takes time and patience. Lovin it!
Offline , null, 11 Posts, Join Date Apr 2010,  

Old (#23)
I love how you came to this design concept and kept in the silhouette of the original and made something new. Looking forward to the new color scheme.

Re what EVIL said, yeah thats a bit confusing in the material explanation, that its a color mask to another file that we don't have access too, and some characters don't have anything in those files. You can bend the color back to the base color in the spec thats about it.
Offline , spline, 170 Posts, Join Date Oct 2011, Location LA, CA  

Old (#24)
yeah, the spec can be colored based off of the diffuse by using the second mask and the third channel. As long as the spec is strong and I have a saturated green hue in the diffuse, I may be able to pull it off...if not, Ill just come up with some new colors

Old (#25)
stuffs