Home Contests & Challenges Archives

[FIGHTER] Soul Calibur, NIGHT TERROR, Norfair

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Norfair polycounter lvl 5
This is my first attempt at an online competition so here goes! I'm really just here to learn character. Getting critiqued and ripped apart by people who are good will help me immensely.

Night Terror is a bad ass. I had the idea to make him as a tron'd out robot or dragoon.

Night Terror
soul-calibur-3-night-terror.jpg

Legend of Dragoon
1947-legend-dragoon-albert-wallpaper-1024x768-customity.jpg

Tron
Tron_2_0_DD_by_Falarsimons.jpg

Heres what I did so far with the head/helmet.
progress1.JPG

Replies

• Norfair
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    worked on the body/arms a bit
    progress2.JPG
  • Norfair
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Changed the idea completely..
    Gonna make Night Terror as a holy knight/paladin. Going for the opposite of the demon or what ever he is. For wings I'm thinking either white angel wings or spectral-ish wings.

polycount.JPG

Silhouette is kinda meh, I'm thinking bigger waist/bigger legs?
  • beta_channel
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    beta_channel polycounter lvl 7
    Looking good. Love the sword. The helmet is probably way too dense right now. The tail needs more edges to help break the faceting. The silhouette seems blah, like you said. The problem is the legs, as you mentioned, he needs something to bring out the sides of his form, wider knee pads and ankles will help a ton. Doesn't he have a dog leg or am I thinking the wrong character?
  • Norfair
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @beta - Thanks!

This is the best picture of him I could find.

[IMG][/img]Nightterror.jpg

I think I'm getting too into changing him and not retaining enough of how he actually is. Definitely gonna give him bigger legs/knee pads/ankles as well as changing the waist. Also, I want to give him a large gauntlet that looks like his current arms. Haven't decided on one arm or both yet.

Similar to this maybe:
    god-of-war-iii-20090213012730692-000.jpg