Home Dota 2

Dota 2 - Workshop Thread

Replies

• Snowstorm
    Offline / Send Message
    Snowstorm polycounter lvl 5
    Nannou wrote: »
    Nice set Robo :)

SLIMEface and me just finished another set. This time for Obsidian Outworld Destroyer Devourer.

Looking good! If I had one critique, it'd be that the promo image doesn't do the set justice, as the silhouette from above is so much more interesting than the silhouette from the side.
  • penOr
    Offline / Send Message
    penOr polycounter lvl 7
    Has anyone with windows 8(.1) tried using the SourceFilmMaker plugin for maya? It worked fine for me on Windows 7, but it's not working with Windows 8. Is there a way to manually set it up?
  • UltimateHurl
    I just submitted my second item to the workshop!
    The Screaming Glaive by UltimateHurl

466E7F868298FDBE1C522828896BA471FE89629D
  • miguelfanclub
  • penOr
    Offline / Send Message
    penOr polycounter lvl 7
    Okay my issue was due to a VCONTENT error, and I had to run the SFM SDK tool, and delete/reset configurations.

I have another issue I'm hoping any animators could help with.

The scale of the courier I'm importing is too small, and adjusting the world controller (rigged controller that controls everything) doesn't affect the scale in game. I've noticed that the actual ScaleXYZ of the mesh does alter the size in game, but if I scale that at all then it breaks away from my bones/rig.

Really appreciate any help on this, thanks!
  • Tomus
    Offline / Send Message
    Tomus polycounter lvl 5
    Guiz, i need to be enlightened in the matter of opacity in color texture. I have tried to normally erease out stuff with ereaser and then saved in 32bit tga which didnt work, even used alpha channel like we use when we do shader masks (and ofc saved in 32bit tga) which allso didnt work.
    So... how do you opacity? (im working on enchantress hair)
  • Tvidotto
    Offline / Send Message
    Tvidotto polycounter lvl 9
    Tomus wrote: »
    Guiz, i need to be enlightened in the matter of opacity in color texture. I have tried to normally erease out stuff with ereaser and then saved in 32bit tga which didnt work, even used alpha channel like we use when we do shader masks (and ofc saved in 32bit tga) which allso didnt work.
    So... how do you opacity? (im working on enchantress hair)

i dont know if that is you problem, but the opacity just on the max values, like 100% or 0%

you need to have an alpha channel on your texture and you need to enable $aplhatest 1 on the vtm file

Cheers!
  • Bas1c

How do you get the characters on those podiums with animations etc. Is it just a scene setup in maya/max or is there a program that does it?
  • miguelfanclub
    @fx01

Self ilumination is only working if you test the asset in the game (at keast for me)
  • kite212
    Offline / Send Message
    kite212 polycounter lvl 15
    Bas1c wrote: »
    How do you get the characters on those podiums with animations etc. Is it just a scene setup in maya/max or is there a program that does it?

That is from the importer in dota...
  • Tomus
    Offline / Send Message
    Tomus polycounter lvl 5
    Tvidotto wrote: »
    i dont know if that is you problem, but the opacity just on the max values, like 100% or 0%

you need to have an alpha channel on your texture and you need to enable $aplhatest 1 on the vtm file

Cheers!

Thanx i checked my alpha channel and found out that it was only 99% black. That was the cause. Next time i need to be 100% precise :poly144:
  • AndrewHelenek
    Offline / Send Message
    AndrewHelenek polycounter lvl 6
    penOr wrote: »
    Okay my issue was due to a VCONTENT error, and I had to run the SFM SDK tool, and delete/reset configurations.

The scale of the courier I'm importing is too small, and adjusting the world controller (rigged controller that controls everything) doesn't affect the scale in game. I've noticed that the actual ScaleXYZ of the mesh does alter the size in game, but if I scale that at all then it breaks away from my bones/rig.

The only way I know of scaling the courier up is through the .qc by adding a scale function. I also believe that you can not import scale data. You'd have to compile your model until its finished, decompile it the old way, alter the .qc and recompile the model the old way.
  • Plant

Not certain on the software you're using, but if you have a option to scale the entire scene (project settings where you can find fps etc) it will rescale everything appropriately for import.

When I did my courier I screwed up the scaling from the start and in the end just imported everything including animations into a rescaled scene and exported it fine.
  • Hawt Koffee
    Offline / Send Message
    Hawt Koffee polycounter lvl 13
    K6qui7v.gif
    Hail to the king
    iegx7kB.gif
    Ain't enough room in this lane for the both of us
  • NiVeR
    Hi, guys. I created new set for Axe and submitted it. What do you think about this set?
    P.S. I will be grateful for your likes and comments in the workshop :D
    363D282CF5669771A26C3E5427D35E1F96A97B05
    637x358.resizedimage

here is Bloody Set in Workshop
    http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=188155487

Thanks
  • hellmasterx
    i really need some sugestion or or feedback on this. :3
    29yI0Fi.jpg
  • Noblebatterfly
    Offline / Send Message
    Noblebatterfly polycounter lvl 10
    Hey polycount, I finished weapon for razor
    4C578A9C9FA1D3720C77983117CAFFD34DFD211A
  • chrisjuuuh
    Offline / Send Message
    chrisjuuuh polycounter lvl 6
    Hi,

Im currently having trouble getting alpha working on my courier. I have an alpha channel in my color map. It is saved as 32 bit and i have alpha channels checked when I save the file. I have no idea why the alpha is not appearing in game. Can anybody offer any help on this?

many thanks!
  • penOr
    Offline / Send Message
    penOr polycounter lvl 7
    Plant wrote: »
    Not certain on the software you're using, but if you have a option to scale the entire scene (project settings where you can find fps etc) it will rescale everything appropriately for import.

When I did my courier I screwed up the scaling from the start and in the end just imported everything including animations into a rescaled scene and exported it fine.

I'm using Maya, and after a quick search it looked like the rescaling scene was to do with 3DS MAX?

I've never had much luck with compiling/decompiling, I wouldn't know how to do Andrews method.

I'm using the SMD exporter in Maya, is there no command you can add to the MEL command like -scale? (along with -up z) Arrrgh
  • Zipfinator
  • fx01
    i really need some sugestion or or feedback on this. :3
    29yI0Fi.jpg

nice color choice ! maybe add some "bling bling" :D
  • kite212
    Offline / Send Message
    Zipfinator wrote: »

Stunning work, this may be my fav CK set...:thumbup:
  • Prosomogy
  • hellmasterx
    looks awesome Zipfinator

I made some changes to the cloak
    1pq4owd.jpg
  • EtotheRic
    Offline / Send Message
    EtotheRic polycounter lvl 18
    Everything for this set is weighted and whatnot.

DOTA2_bm_fotw_toobag.jpg
  • bounchfx
    Snaggletooth is finally in! It has been a loooooooong time coming but we are proud to present our new courier:

637x358.resizedimage

Hope you guys dig it!
  • Robobobo
    Offline / Send Message
    Robobobo polycounter lvl 6
  • Tamarin
    Offline / Send Message
    Tamarin polycounter lvl 17
    EtotheRic wrote: »

DOTA2_bm_fotw_toobag.jpg

I like it!
  • Insaneophobia
    Offline / Send Message
    Insaneophobia polycounter lvl 5
    EtotheRic wrote: »

DOTA2_bm_fotw_toobag.jpg
    Hm... Looks pretty cool, but that bison seems like it's not really on the shoulder, it looks like it's just above the shoulder, almost floating.
  • GhostDetector
    Offline / Send Message
    GhostDetector polycounter lvl 10
    Hello. I'm not really sure where a similar error occured in the threads of polycount. So i've decided not to post a new thread and ask here.

The problem is that my mesh keeps having an offset. (this happens to me frequently, can someone explain this to me?)
    This is my model
    MrSRgYm.png
    This is valves
    ocu4J0I.png

This is scale representation of both items. (they stack just fine). I did remember to export while the mesh was at 0,0,0
    L6eThRB.png

I've also decompiled the mesh myself. If anyone wants to take a look, I can send them the files.
  • kite212
    Offline / Send Message
    bounchfx wrote: »
    Snaggletooth is finally in! It has been a loooooooong time coming but we are proud to present our new courier:

637x358.resizedimage

Hope you guys dig it!

You have my :thumbup: and favs! I love this thing!
  • Hawt Koffee
    Offline / Send Message
    Hawt Koffee polycounter lvl 13
    tumblr_mv4md7EhKI1r43xj0o1_1280.png
    sleeves and stuff since shoulder pads are overrated
  • penOr
    Offline / Send Message
    penOr polycounter lvl 7
    If anyone could help me cross the finish line here on fixing the scaling of my courier, that would be awesome.

I don't know how to do the compiling/decompiling. Do I use the dota 2 clients importer? I know that when you use that, it creates a bunch of files in this dir, \dota 2 beta\content\dota\models\items\courier\0x0196b6c4\testcour_008 . In here is a .qc file, and a bunch of .dmx files, as well as a .zip with even more files.

I just have no idea what to do...

If you can help, here is my steam
  • Vayne4800
    Offline / Send Message
    Vayne4800 polycounter lvl 3
    Workshop is being invaded by Korea :O
  • vlad_the_implyer
    Offline / Send Message
    vlad_the_implyer polycounter lvl 5
    Vayne4800 wrote: »
    Workshop is being invaded by Korea :O
    THANKS NEXON!
  • Archanex
    Offline / Send Message
    Archanex polycounter lvl 18
    If anyone could help me cross the finish line here on fixing the scaling of my courier, that would be awesome.

I don't know how to do the compiling/decompiling. Do I use the dota 2 clients importer? I know that when you use that, it creates a bunch of files in this dir, \dota 2 beta\content\dota\models\items\courier\0x0196b6c4\testcour_008 . In here is a .qc file, and a bunch of .dmx files, as well as a .zip with even more files.

I just have no idea what to do...

If you can help, here is my steam

strip out the rig from your 3d package and export a DAE FBX, then import that into a new scene, and save THAT as a FBX, import FBX files in the Dota 2 importer in the game
  • Godzy
    Offline / Send Message
    Godzy polycounter lvl 6
    finally, FINALLY finished it.

Equinox:
    vEuTYEu.jpg

Special thanks to Vlad for helping me fix the normals and the UV <3
  • A1mb0t
    Offline / Send Message
    A1mb0t polycounter lvl 9
    Shameless crosspost from my thread, our dark seer set is finally finished!

SLIMEface and myself would appreciate your thumbs up :)

http://steamcommunity.com/workshop/filedetails/?id=188334945

nzVTO1r.jpg

WmYq6KU.gif
  • hellmasterx
    Last change before making the promo.

z4nfSGR.jpg
  • chrisjuuuh
    Offline / Send Message
    chrisjuuuh polycounter lvl 6
    Just wanted to ask again whether anyone could help me getting the alpha channel working for my couriers color map. In particular I need help with changing the .VTM file which is created after importing my courier. I have tried editing it and then re importing however IT just gets changed back to its original values. This is the final hurdle I need to overcome before I can launch it so I would be very greatfull for any help.
  • motenai
    Offline / Send Message
    motenai polycounter lvl 18
    I'm pretty disappointed to notice how Steam deals with the DMCA repots.

"Due to reporting of content that violates the Steam Terms of Service, the content in question has been removed from the Steam Community.
    It is our policy not to provide specific feedback on removed content."

After asking fur further information on what i've been accused to copy, and bringing as proves the concept drawn by my colleague and on which i worked on, i received exaclty the same email, with no chance of dialogue at all.
    So the end result is that the item is gonna be taken down, with no idea of who filed the DMCA or why...
    Sorry to take my frustration here, but this is kinda f***ing ridiculous, and makes me wanna give up with the workshop.
  • Lennyagony
    Offline / Send Message
    Lennyagony polycounter lvl 14
    motenai wrote: »

"Due to reporting of content that violates the Steam Terms of Service, the content in question has been removed from the Steam Community.

After asking fur further information on what i've been accused to copy, and bringing as proves the concept drawn by my colleague and on which i worked on, i received exaclty the same email, with no chance of dialogue at all.
    So the end result is that the item is gonna be taken down, with no idea of who filed the DMCA or why...
    Sorry to take my frustration here, but this is kinda f***ing ridiculous, and makes me wanna give up with the workshop.

That really does suck motenai, which item are you having trouble with?
  • Insaneophobia
    Offline / Send Message
    Insaneophobia polycounter lvl 5
    That's really fucking odd... Did you also try to write on the dev forums? And that's a stupid policy, that means everybody can claim it was stolen without specific proof and just take random shit down... The fuck
  • mrpresident
    Offline / Send Message
    mrpresident polycounter lvl 10
    I know Onilolz and Zaphyk had a problem with their batrider set also getting a DMCA complaint and takedown, it's since been fixed and is back on the workshop, you could try asking them what they did?

EDIT: Looks like a valve employee eventually contacted them to say DMCA complaint was mistaken and the banner was removed? http://www.polycount.com/forum/showthread.php?t=117863&page=5
  • bounchfx

That's fucked up. What could the problem have even been? Definitely ask on the Dev forum.
  • AndrewHelenek
  • Oroboros

That's ridiculous. Don't give up! Didn't Onilolz and Zaphk deal with a similar issue? Might want to talk to them.
  • penOr
    Offline / Send Message
    penOr polycounter lvl 7
    Archanex wrote: »
    strip out the rig from your 3d package and export a DAE FBX, then import that into a new scene, and save THAT as a FBX, import FBX files in the Dota 2 importer in the game

I tried this when .fbx was giving me errors in the dota 2 importer, so unfortunately I don't think that's an option =/. How would that address the scale issue if I'm not changing the scale of anything?

I'm using Valve's SMD plugin atm.
  • vlad_the_implyer
    Offline / Send Message
    vlad_the_implyer polycounter lvl 5
    chrisjuuuh wrote: »
    Just wanted to ask again whether anyone could help me getting the alpha channel working for my couriers color map. In particular I need help with changing the .VTM file which is created after importing my courier. I have tried editing it and then re importing however IT just gets changed back to its original values. This is the final hurdle I need to overcome before I can launch it so I would be very greatfull for any help.
    You can't change the VTV, partly because it'll be useless, because volvo reimports your stuff using source files. Just do the alpha and import as usual.

Shouldn't you be able you provide a counter-argument? Keep at it, there should be a way for you to fix this.
    I tried this when .fbx was giving me errors in the dota 2 importer, so unfortunately I don't think that's an option =/. How would that address the scale issue if I'm not changing the scale of anything?

I'm using Valve's SMD plugin atm.
    If you're using Max, use this one http://www.chaosincarnate.net/cannonfodder/3dsmax.php
  • EtotheRic
    Offline / Send Message
    EtotheRic polycounter lvl 18
    Hm... Looks pretty cool, but that bison seems like it's not really on the shoulder, it looks like it's just above the shoulder, almost floating.

I think you are right, thanks for the feedback!

Does anyone have any tips on importing custom animation? A friend of mine is going to be creating the animations for the Beastmaster critters and I'm not sure if there are any specific things to avoid as there is no animation guide yet. Thanks!