Home Contests & Challenges Archives

[Mixamo contest] Assassin

interpolator
Offline / Send Message
Popol interpolator
Hi there =)

I thought I would give a shot at the Mixamo contest as I finally have some free time. I chose the assassin as I really like sculpting cloth, leather, etc...

Right now I just have blocked out the proportion of the body, I want him to be pretty thin and not too muscular. As I haven't sculpted a whole body in quite some times (shame on me) so I may have made a few mistakes.

Not too sure about the face, I will maybe change it a lot.

If you have any comments about what I have so far, I'd be glad to hear them so that I can improve this sculpt =)

assassin.jpg

assassin_face.jpg

Replies

• Psyk0
    Offline / Send Message
    Psyk0 polycounter lvl 18
    I would change the length of the legs / pelvis position relative to torso...he looks like an old man wearing his pants under his armpits ;).
  • Popol
    Offline / Send Message
    Popol interpolator
    Haha, I was definitely not going for a grandpa look ^^ I fixed the ares you mentioned and also changed the proportions a little bit to make him taller. It should look better now.

assassin03.jpg
  • Psyk0
    Offline / Send Message
    Psyk0 polycounter lvl 18
    Hehe yeah that's better.

Some more crits regarding anatomy:
    Work on the pectoral muscle and how it should insert UNDER the deltoid and OVER bicep (anatomy books and ecorche studies are handy for this). Currently you have it looking like the pec muscle is going behind the bicep and into the rib cage.

Don't give the bicep too much of a tear drop balloon shape, the general shape is more of a capsule cut in half with the part facing forward flattened. The reason you have a balloon shape is because you fused the bicep with the brachialis muscle, break them apart.

I dunno how much clothing and armor this guy is getting so i'll keep it to this for now.
  • Popol
    Offline / Send Message
    Popol interpolator
    Hey Psyk0, thanks a lot for the crits about the anatomy. I haven't had much time to work on this character today, so I just worked on the head.
    Tomorrow I'll work on what you mentioned about the anatomy. Althought the body will be completely covered I want to get the anatomy right as I plan to reuse later this body for an in depth anatomy study to put in my portfolio.

So here is today's work

assassin_mask%20copie.jpg
  • gilesruscoe
    Offline / Send Message
    gilesruscoe polycounter lvl 10
    Hey, i really like the mask idea, looks cool. I think you need to look into a few anatomical things still on the body. Also, the face looks a little frog eyed right now, mainly due to the eyes being so far apart but i don't think the wide nose bridge is helping a great deal either. Should be an interesting character to watch develop, so keep it up!
  • Popol
    Offline / Send Message
    Popol interpolator
    gilesruscoe Haha, I can't believe I didn't notice the eyes were so far apart, I fixed that and worked a little more on the anatomy of the upper body. Hopefully it looks better.

I also had some fun making the boots

assassin_boots.jpg

assassin_prop.jpg
  • waterbear1224
    I think the arms might be a bit too long. Coming along good though. neat Boots!
  • mixamo
    Love those boots! I need some in real life!
  • Popol
    Offline / Send Message
    Popol interpolator
    waterbear1224 I checked the arms and fixed their length as you were right about them being too long.
    mixamo Glad you like the boots =D

Not that much progress lately =/ I spent some time detailing the hands, made the arm armor and chose a skin tone that would fit an assassin.

arm.jpg
  • waterbear1224
    Really liking the bracers too. Keep it up!
  • crazythisguy
    i like the boots and the bracers! super cool! cant wait for the final output!!! :D
  • Popol
    Offline / Send Message
    Popol interpolator
    waterbear1224 & crazythisguy : Thanks a lot =)

So I found some time today to work a little more on this guy.

I modified the boots because I think the skulls look better as shoulder pads, but now the boots look a little too "naked". I'll try to find a good way to make them look attractive again without the skulls.

Spent some time on the face details, the hair and the skin tone. I want him to look sick, almost dying.

so here's a screen

assassin05.jpg

and a face close up

assassin04.jpg

Critics are, of course, welcomed =)