Home Technical Talk

UDK Particle Issues ! need assistance

polycounter lvl 11
Offline / Send Message
TheRealFroman polycounter lvl 11
Does anyone here know how to pre-warm particles for when in "play-in-PC" mode is activated with UDK? I don't want to see the level start with steam growing up out of nowhere, rather having it already visible.

Also, I'm rendering a flythrough video for another environment, and its having trouble showing certain animated flipbook textures that are being shown inside a particular particle effect.

For example: Here is a still image of the look I want:

kUJx6wr.jpg Notice how the candle flames are showing up?

However when I render out the matinee flythrough sequence it looks like this: 920OBh7.png

The black dots on the floor are supposed to be candles but they are not showing the flame part?

Can anyone help me?

Thanks!

Replies

• tharle
    Offline / Send Message
    tharle polycounter lvl 9
    i've not got udk3 here at work but i'm pretty sure the preroll settings are in the required module in cascade - just above where you set emitter duration if memory serves.

as for the flames not starting - are they set to autoactivate? you might have better luck manaully triggering them at the start of the matinee sequence, shouldnt matter i dont think but in my experience udk3 can be a bit funny with things like that
  • imbueFX
    Offline / Send Message
    imbueFX polycounter lvl 5
    For your 1st question, go to the particle system properties (click on the black area next to the emitters) and you'll see a warmup time option.