Home General Discussion

Max Payne 3

polycounter lvl 8
Offline / Send Message
jjsuperspy polycounter lvl 8
hey guys/girls

i'm put this thread together because there's nothing as far as my knowledge of Max Payne in the forum.

So if you have anything that is inspired by Max Payne (2D/3D work) from either first, second or third game post it here, anything that you want to discuss about the game or the series it self feel free to post and basically ye that's it really.

and lastly if you also want to talk about the companies that make Max Payne (Remedy Entertainment or Rockstar games) also feel free to post but don't go to off topic this is for Max Payne so ye. :)

hope you guys will like this thread as much as i will and have a good day from where ever you are. :)

Replies

• jjsuperspy
    Offline / Send Message
    here is a playlist on Rockstar's youtube channel for Max Payne 3
    http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL768C1E406CDC8E22&feature=plcp

and here is the website for Max Payne 3
    http://www.rockstargames.com/maxpayne3/
  • biofrost
    Offline / Send Message
    biofrost polycounter lvl 12
    Well I cannot wait for Max Payne 3, at first I was a little nervous Remedy was not at the helm but I have a feeling it will turn out pretty good. I'm just a little upset the PC version comes out May 29th. I hope with the extra time rockstar makes sure its optimized for pc's. Gta IV's optimization was horrible on pc.
  • jjsuperspy
    Offline / Send Message
    even though im a console gamer i hope that the PC port is good because it's one of those game's which is awesome and that everyone should get the best really, and even though Remedy aren't doing Max Payne 3 i new that Rockstar would do it good because i personally think that Rockstar are an AMAZING company. :D
  • David-J
    Offline / Send Message
    David-J polycounter lvl 11
    Are there any good deals on where to get it? Like Amazon's $20 bucks on next order kinda stuff?
  • jjsuperspy
    Offline / Send Message
    don't think sooooooo, i know they had a limited edition for it which came with a figure of Max but sadly that was for north America and not us guys in Europe. :'( single tear and i think that edition is sold out for limited time thing
  • glottis8
    Offline / Send Message
    glottis8 polycounter lvl 9
    I need a major upgrade on my pc to play this game as it should..... shame.... i think the pc will outshine the console by a lot. Plus, it will be weird to play max without a mouse and keyboard.

Apart from that, game look fantastic! I am really excited for this.

I know in Europe they had a good deal for the game, like 25% off. So it would come down to 45 dlls. But i dunno if that would translate into this region. I can look for the link if you want.
  • Mongrelman
    Offline / Send Message
    Mongrelman polycounter lvl 18
    Looking forward to this, particularly for single player, but curious how the multiplayer is.

35Gb hard disk space required? Beast.
  • Donavonyoung
    Offline / Send Message
    Donavonyoung polycounter lvl 6
    Yeah I find the 35gb requirement to be a bit excessive, but the game itself looks awesome. i just need to fix my computer ASAP!!!
  • jjsuperspy
    Offline / Send Message
    i like how they have brought the bullet time into the multiplayer very interesting
  • MikeF
    Online / Send Message
    MikeF polycounter lvl 19
    so its out next week, who's up for getting a gang going?

i'm still on the fence about wether i'm getting the pc or 360 version. Would much prefer the pc version, but if there's going to be more activity online for the 360 i'l go that route
  • glottis8
    Offline / Send Message
    Agreed.... i think i might go with 360... and then later when it drops price on pc i'll get that one.

I am up for playing tho, this game is gonna be sweet! so much to play between this and Diablo 3 and Dragons Dogma.
  • jjsuperspy
    Offline / Send Message
    if you are dying to play it then get the console version because i think the PC version is coming out later, but its up to you really :)
  • MikeF
    Online / Send Message
    MikeF polycounter lvl 19
    ahhh damn, thanks for the heads up jjsuperspy, just checked steam and its not out for another 3 weeks almost! thats friggin' shabby for what was originally a pc franchise.

glottis8, you up for some live action if i go the 360 way?
  • glottis8
    Offline / Send Message
    MikeF wrote: »
    ahhh damn, thanks for the heads up jjsuperspy, just checked steam and its not out for another 3 weeks almost! thats friggin' shabby for what was originally a pc franchise.

glottis8, you up for some live action if i go the 360 way?

yeh... the pc version comes out at the end of may... and i am sure it'll come out and there will be patches right away. I am not aware of any stress tests on their severs and what not.

But yea! i'll play with ya on the 360 for sure. lets just hope the 360 is the better of the 2 consoles. :)
  • Rick Stirling
  • Alberto Rdrgz
    Offline / Send Message
    Alberto Rdrgz polycounter lvl 9
    i can't wait... ICANTWAIT.... I can't wait... ICANTWAIT!!
  • thomasp
    Offline / Send Message
    thomasp hero character
    so - anybody got it yet? am i missing the real max payne thread (TM) somehow?

honsestly i was more than skeptical after seeing early footage - you might even say totally dismissive ;) - but having seen it recently i've just ordered this for 360. looks completely awesome and with an atmosphere that reminds me very much of mel gibson's 'payback'.

i hope it delivers on that and from the looks of it i won't have to sit through goofy cutscenes with embarassing dialogue, fist-pounding and high-fiving like some competitors do them. ;)

seemingly, those recent rockstar games feature quite nice character work as well. is there any behind-the-scenes stuff out for this (and RDD)?
  • [HP]
    Offline / Send Message
    [HP] polycounter lvl 13
    Yeap! Great game!
  • Kave
    Offline / Send Message
    Kave triangle
    Bought it but like most games i buy nowadays, it's sat on my shelf :(

From the ~hour i've played though it's pretty awesome.
  • Rick Stirling
    Offline / Send Message
    Rick Stirling polycounter lvl 18
    I'm biased, but I'm loving it.
  • glottis8
    Offline / Send Message
    i got it on PC... i think it unlocks this friday. Can't wait to play this!

Just saw this:

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/05/28/max-payne-3-system-requirements-updated-new-pc-screenshots-released/

LOWEST TESTED SPECS
    • Windows 7/Vista/XP PC (32 or 64 bit)
    • Intel Dual Core 2.4 GHZ or AMD Dual Core 2.6 GHZ, or better
    • 2GB System RAM
    • NVIDIA® GeForce 8600 GT 512MB RAM or AMD Radeon™ HD 3400 512MB RAM

LOW RECOMMENDED SPECS
    • Windows 7/Vista/XP PC (32 or 64 bit)
    • Intel Dual Core 3GHz or AMD equivalent
    • 3GB System RAM
    • NVIDIA® GeForce 450 512MB RAM or AMD Radeon™ HD 4870 512MB RAM

HIGH RECOMMENDED SPECS
    • Windows 7/Vista (32 or 64 bit)
    • Intel i7 Quad Core 2.8Ghz or AMD equivalent
    • 3GB System RAM
    • NVIDIA® GeForce 480 1GB RAM or AMD Radeon™ HD 5870 1GB RAM

HIGHEST TESTED SPECS
    • Windows 7/Vista (64 bit)
    • Intel i7 3930K 6 Core x 3.06 GHZ or AMD FX8150 8 Core x 3.6 GHZ
    • 16GB System RAM
    • NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 680 2GB RAM or AMD Radeon™ HD 7970 3GB RAM
    This is a lot more generous and flexible i think.
  • MikeF
    Online / Send Message
    MikeF polycounter lvl 19
    nice, something that can finally take advantage of my 16gb of ram!

Yeah cant wait to give it a go, i was holding off for the last two weeks on getting it for the 360, almost broke down and got it a few times after seeing adverts all over the city.
  • SouthpawSid
    Offline / Send Message
    SouthpawSid polycounter lvl 7
    I'm a few hours into disc two on the xbox, and I love everything about this game. My faith is restored in R*... for now. I love me some bald angry max with a couple 1911s!
  • Andreas
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    I like how PC Gamer test with lower than lowest recommended specs! :D Very handy.

35 gigs though? That's insane. Crysis 2 was 9GB.
  • Ark
    Offline / Send Message
    Ark polycounter lvl 11
    Looking forward to the PC release. Just waiting on the Steam pre-load.
  • glottis8
    Offline / Send Message
    You can preload now on steam. Whats funny... is that it starts to load it, but it has no reference to how big the install is. It's been downloading for a while and i have 1.2%, so it sounds about right that its 35 gigs... the connection here is really fast.

I am still looking fwd to playing it tho. :D anyone playing it on pc?

EDIT: boot this up early today and it runs like a charm! the game is pretty awesome, and you gotta love the physics in this game. I like the storytelling as well. Just played for about an hr and i am having fun. Anyone else?

The game looks pretty sweet on DX10.1 (dunno what the .1 does) the only thing i noticed is that the plants are not alphad out. I'll check that out later.
  • Ark
    Offline / Send Message
    Ark polycounter lvl 11
    Game runs great, alot better than GTA 4 did for me. Up to Chapter 3 so far, game is very challenging aswell, well atleast for me. Been dying quite alot.
  • glottis8
    Offline / Send Message
    Yea... i am playing it on Hard, and its quite challenging if you are not paying attention to your surroundings and take too long to shoot. Good thing i can play it with a mouse. So much better to aim and get accurate shots during bullet time.
  • Mongrelman
    Offline / Send Message
    Just installing it now for PC. Opened the box to find FOUR DVDs. Whoa, well I shouldn't be too surprised given the HD space required hehe.

EDIT: Wow, just.....wow. I don't remember the last time I've had to go through so much shit just to try and get a game to actually work. It crashes before I even get to the main menu.
  • DanConroy
    Offline / Send Message
    DanConroy polycounter lvl 18
    Mongrelman wrote: »
    Just installing it now for PC. Opened the box to find FOUR DVDs. Whoa, well I shouldn't be too surprised given the HD space required hehe.

EDIT: Wow, just.....wow. I don't remember the last time I've had to go through so much shit just to try and get a game to actually work. It crashes before I even get to the main menu.

On the Legal screen by any chance? I'm getting a crash all the time now, worked fine this morning mind.
  • Mongrelman
    Offline / Send Message
    No it varies a bit. Either it crashes after the logos, or when it gets to the screen that says press enter.

When I run the launcher the updater appears and seems to be downloading; it finishes a 'bar' and starts another, but nothing happens on it, then the game launches (and crashes).
  • DanConroy
    Offline / Send Message
    No it varies a bit. Either it crashes after the logos, or when it gets to the screen that says press enter.

When I run the launcher the updater appears and seems to be downloading; it finishes a 'bar' and starts another, but nothing happens on it, then the game launches (and crashes).

Ah right I'm getting a different crash, if you check here http://support.rockstargames.com/forums/20686362-max-payne-3-pc-technical-support

There might be something there to fix a few, I'm hoping for a hot fix to sort this. It was bloody working fine this morning too =/.
  • Mongrelman
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah I've tried a bunch of things from there :/ even completly removed avira and put on AVG, I've reinstalled the game 3 times now (last time I even had the computer in safe mode)....game still crashes after the intro company logos.

The main word that comes to mind at the moment is 'shoddy'.
  • DanConroy
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah I've tried a bunch of things from there :/ even completly removed avira and put on AVG, I've reinstalled the game 3 times now (last time I even had the computer in safe mode)....game still crashes after the intro company logos.

The main word that comes to mind at the moment is 'shoddy'.

Yeah I've had no luck too, and yet people on the steam forums are saying a crack fixes the problem.
  • Ark
    Offline / Send Message
    Ark polycounter lvl 11
    Games runs pretty well here apart from a few times it's gone laggy all of a sudden, but restarting fixed that.

Also had the problem with Avira picking it up as a trojan, best thing is just to disable real-time protection for the time that you play and re-enable after.
  • [iWi]
    yep , definitely Max Payne 3 turn "much much" better than GTA IV ( even with a good PC I've got a problem ) . It's NOT a case of Max Payne 3 !!! Get all patches , last driver Your video card and if Your PC is not older more than 2 years (***), You can enjoyed 100 % ! Direct X 11 !:poly142:

(*** I hope You didn't buy some crap.):poly127:
    My PC is one year old -
    Windows 7 64 bits
    Intel i7 2600 CPU - 3.4GHz
    RAM 8 Go
    GeForce GTX 460
    The story looks good , multiplayer maps are greats !:poly142:
  • DanConroy
    Offline / Send Message
    My PC is fine for it, it was working then the 2nd patch hit and I can't get past the legal screen.

I've reinstalled, had the latest ATI drivers and now trying the latest beta drivers again with no luck.
  • Mongrelman
    Offline / Send Message
    I have latest drivers and this is a new machine. Game just crashes when the title 'Max Payne 3' appears on screen.

Disabiling antivirus and firewall hasn't helped things.
  • Next
    Offline / Send Message
    Next polycounter lvl 12
    just finished it !! xD took me 8 hours to tame that beast xD.

i had 2 freezes in cut scenes (sound would go on but image stopped....) not a game breaker though.-as the checkpoint system is nicely done!

what i like the most is the storytelling it is really like an interactive comic!!! which definitely goes with the spirit of 1 and 2!
    For me this was the best action game in years!- at least on pc!

i ran it in dx11 all on max... also tesselation.. which to be honest i expected to be more eminent visually... but after all i hardly could tell any difference except in cut scenes maybe.
  • mr_ace
    Offline / Send Message
    mr_ace polycounter lvl 9
    i can't get the game to run, like others above are saying, it crashes at the legal screen.

Weirdly, the first time i installed an ran it, i got into the menu, watched the intro and was about to hit start when i figured i'd quit out and play it later.

it's never worked since...
  • DanConroy
    Offline / Send Message
    mr_ace wrote: »
    i can't get the game to run, like others above are saying, it crashes at the legal screen.

Weirdly, the first time i installed an ran it, i got into the menu, watched the intro and was about to hit start when i figured i'd quit out and play it later.

it's never worked since...

It does seem to be the main issue thats hitting MP3 users at the mo.

Judging by the support Twitter and steam forums anyway.

For those with problems on the steam ver : http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2732135

Try this maybe.
  • glottis8
    Offline / Send Message
    woa... didn't know people where having so much trouble running it. Mine works perfectly. THo i just noticed that the game is not showing alpha planes. so the plants show all flat haha i need to look for a fix. Also. the game is intense. i love it. Playing it on hard really is challenging. loving the story and story telling. Very nice looking game too.
  • odium
    Offline / Send Message
    odium polycounter lvl 18
    Game works and player perfectly. The only gripes I have with it are A) the cutscenes are lower res and lower frame rate than the silky smooth never miss a beat gameplay (Everything maxed, joy!), and that for some odd, stupid reason, the game has shit loads of pixelated textures all over the place... Its almost like they simply "resized" the original textures or something for PC...

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/540677266002199851/75C760BA6A323A9464EFC47821743237E0247FD3/

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/540677266024097502/FCDAC57F3E1E27E8B59E66713B880376F57B73F8/
  • [HP]
    Offline / Send Message
    [HP] polycounter lvl 13
    mmm, that's curious. it's almost like textures are not being filtered.
  • Blaizer
    Offline / Send Message
    Blaizer interpolator
    What the... those pixelated screens remember me Wolfstein 3D and Quake hahaha.

I'm glad i cancelled my pre-order, this game sucks with ATI/AMD videocards and its drivers. I'm really fed up of ATI/AMD.
  • Mongrelman
    Offline / Send Message
    Well after trying all the 'official' remedies, out of curiosity and frustration I downloaded a crack from Skidrow and boom; I'm playing singleplayer now. I doubt multiplayer will work even though I seem to login to rockstar social club ok, but at least I can play SP until this all gets fixed (and I mainly got it for SP anyway).

So far I'm enjoying it, it's playing well on my machine,the controls feel good and it still feels like Max Payne. Too many ingame cutscenes for my liking but I enjoy the action, story and character.
  • PatrickL
    Offline / Send Message
    PatrickL polycounter lvl 9
    Blaizer wrote: »
    I'm glad i cancelled my pre-order, this game sucks with ATI/AMD videocards and its drivers. I'm really fed up of ATI/AMD.

I have both and the game runs flawlessly. As someone said earlier in the thread, the 30 fps videos look shameful next to the 60+ fps in-game. I haven't had a single issue or hiccup, which is amazing for this day in age.
  • glottis8
  • kevlar jens
    I enjoyed this game. It was pretty good, on its own that is.

As a Max Payne-game though, I didn't enjoy it too much. The pace is too frantic, the new narrative doesn't come close to holding up to the graphic novel narrative, and it barely sports any of the wit or charm 1 and 2 had. The writing isn't as sharp either.

Apart from the graphic novel narrative, the element I missed the most, was the nightmare sequences. They were really cool in 1 and 2, and I can imagine R* being able to pull off some really crazy stuff with today's tech (see: Uncharted 3's drugtrip). They would also help break up the pace- making it more like the previous installments.

But ye, a good game nonetheless. The gunplay is superb, it runs great, and looks even greater.
  • xvampire
    Offline / Send Message
    xvampire polycounter lvl 14
    I'm playing on PC , this game is the best 3rd person shooter I've play for past 10 years.!