Home Technical Talk

Problem with New from Polypaint

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
DaveHansan polycounter lvl 7
Hey guy's I've never had a problem with " new from polypaint" before but I am now and I just need this to wrap up this model I've been working on for much too long.

So I have my uvs done and they show up fine when i look at them in the "texture map" section but when i click new from polypaint it only transfers the polypaint data from the hands to the wrists. the rest just turns solid black. I dont understand this? Here is what it looks like before and after i hit new from polypaint..

35btvmr.jpg35ktt91.jpg

Yeah all i have left to do is transfer this detail to diffuse and normal and im all done. I'd like to wrap this up already. Hope someone can help me out. Thanks guys.

Replies

• DaveHansan
    Offline / Send Message
    heres a shot of my uvs

14lj5et.jpg
  • cryrid
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    Make sure the bit at the bottom isn't touching the border edge. It looks like it might be close.

Also, is this all on the same layer? Have you tried using xnormal instead?
  • DaveHansan
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid wrote: »
    Make sure the bit at the bottom isn't touching the border edge. It looks like it might be close.

Also, is this all on the same layer? Have you tried using xnormal instead?

ok just checked that uv at the bottom, its not touching or going over the border edge. as for polypaint info i was working on multiple layers but i baked them all down. heres what my layers and other settings are looking like.

2hdczkx.jpg

I haven't tried xnormal yet, would it create a diffuse from the polypaint of the ztool? if i cant get this working i guess ill try that. I dont know the process behind it on xnormal though.
  • DaveHansan
    Offline / Send Message
    ok nevermind, i figured it out. even though the mesh was still visible and nothing was hidden it was acting as though i had ctrl+shift isolated just the hands. I dont know but just for the hell of it i ctrl+shift then highlighted the whole mesh and pressed new from polypaint and got all of my polypaint info right to my uvs nicely. phew! Anyways thank you for the help. I may be back if i run into anything else.