Home Technical Talk

A new modeling tool released

Replies

• 3dnut
    Offline / Send Message
    3dnut polycounter lvl 17
    polyxo wrote: »
    I get instant crashes on mmb here...

mmb works ok for me as far as I can tell ,what were you doing at the time?
  • polyxo
    3dnut wrote: »
    mmb works ok for me as far as I can tell ,what were you doing at the time?

Well, nothing. Opened VW, created a cube so that one can see something, pressed mmb, crash. It also works without the cube.
  • IStonia
    polyxo: It sounds very weird. Does it happen in the old versions too? Is RMB ok? Can you do MMB in other apps?
  • passerby
    Offline / Send Message
    passerby polycounter lvl 12
    any steps to recreate, i never had this happen and i use MMB a lot of select backfaceing, and for a lot of stream lines tools that use it.
  • polyxo
    passerby wrote: »
    any steps to recreate, i never had this happen and i use MMB a lot of select backfaceing, and for a lot of stream lines tools that use it.

There's no more steps as already mentioned. Open VW, press mmb, crash. I did not have this before too.
  • polyxo
    Solved. It was caused by a Litte Explorer/File Menu Extension called Chameleon Folders which gets triggered by MMB in File Dialogs and Explorer. All other Apps I use seem to stay unaffected when M-clicking in their windows. No big deal, I normally use another Product of that sort anyway.
  • fr0gg1e
    Offline / Send Message
    fr0gg1e polycounter lvl 17
    Sorry if it was already bring to your attention, but I have an issue with imported objs. as soon as I import something, there is no way i can display the object in shaded mode, it's always displaying either wireframe or completely transparent.

So far this proggy seems awesome tho! Kudos to you. I will investigate a lot more time into this because the workflow it gives me seems great (and big thanks for the work plane, I was really missing this feature in Max).
  • passerby
    Offline / Send Message
    fr0gg1e wrote: »
    Sorry if it was already bring to your attention, but I have an issue with imported objs. as soon as I import something, there is no way i can display the object in shaded mode, it's always displaying either wireframe or completely transparent.

So far this proggy seems awesome tho! Kudos to you. I will investigate a lot more time into this because the workflow it gives me seems great (and big thanks for the work plane, I was really missing this feature in Max).

check out the objects material, sometime when i import stuff form other packages the translucency is at 0 on the material. So just give it a new mat and it should all be good to go.
  • Michael Knubben
    I'm trying to use this more and more, but the stability leaves a lot to be desired. I've been trying to create models from start to finish in this, using mostly connect, cut and the translate tools, and I get crashes at least once every hour. I'm quite good when it comes to saving regularly, but nevertheless it's become a real bother. At this rate I might as well use Silo!
    Also, does the 'calculate symmetry from two vertices' even work? I select two verts on both sides of the model, but it doesn't activate symmetry. Whereas, if I do it through the Visual Tools symmetry panel, it does work.

Similarly, once I've got symmetry working, re-symmetry doesn't do anything. Edit: it does once I select something, but I'd expect it to work without a selection as well, much like in Zbrush (no selection: average both sides)

Does unwrapping work for anyone? No matter which command I select, it tells me no polygons are selected, although they clearly are.
  • passerby
    Offline / Send Message
    i find th symmetry using the select a center edge method better.

i haven't been having many crashes, and when i do it is usually related to merging verts.

about the unwrapping, it does seem to work for me, just go in face mode make a selection and hit U, but i dont use VW for my uvw unwrapping at all. I only use voidworld for the modeling part of my workflow and nothing else. since i find it lacking tools in all other areas, and rather see it develop more in modeling and integration with other apps than add new types of features.
  • fr0gg1e
    Offline / Send Message
    fr0gg1e polycounter lvl 17
    passerby wrote: »
    check out the objects material, sometime when i import stuff form other packages the translucency is at 0 on the material. So just give it a new mat and it should all be good to go.

Thanks! =D
  • IStonia
    MightyPea:

It would be a good idea that you can report any crashes, bugs and unexpected behaviours in the forum so I can track them down and fix them.

It is recommended that you use Edge > Geometry > Calculate Geometry Topologically from one or two selected edges.

I will add a new Resymmetry tool to average both sides without the need of any selection. The current Resymmetry tool works only if a selection is made.
  • sonictk
    Hi, I'm getting a crash whenever I try to launch Voidworld. I'm not sure if there is anything else I need to install, I can just run the executable, right? I tried looking through the rest of this thread but it's a lot.

I'm on Win 7 x64, Geforce GTX560 Ti on 8.17.12.8562 NVIDIA drivers.
    See the end of this message for details on invoking 
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
    System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'BasicD3DClasses, Version=2.3.4385.38759, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=d0188f6e88ddb1f9' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
    File name: 'BasicD3DClasses, Version=2.3.4385.38759, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=d0188f6e88ddb1f9'
       at DigitalFossil.StartForm.GenerateApp()
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackDo(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbackHelper(Object obj)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)
       at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
       at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallback(ThreadMethodEntry tme)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.InvokeMarshaledCallbacks()

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
    To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
    Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
    To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
        Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
        Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5448 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
    ----------------------------------------
    VoidWorld 2.4
        Assembly Version: 2.3.4385.38770
        Win32 Version: 2.3.4385.38770
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Utilities/Voidworld/VoidWorld%202.4.exe
    System.Windows.Forms
        Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5446 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
    System
        Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5447 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
    System.Drawing
        Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5420 (Win7SP1.050727-5400)
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
    System.Data
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
    CharacterClasses
        Assembly Version: 2.3.4385.38758
        Win32 Version: 2.3.4385.38758
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Utilities/Voidworld/CharacterClasses.DLL
    Microsoft.DirectX
        Assembly Version: 1.0.1901.0
        Win32 Version: 5.3.0000001.1126 built by: DIRECTX
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Utilities/Voidworld/Microsoft.DirectX.DLL
    Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Utilities/Voidworld/Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.DLL
    System.Xml
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
    WorkShop
        Assembly Version: 2.3.4385.38764
        Win32 Version: 2.3.4385.38764
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Utilities/Voidworld/WorkShop.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
    To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
    application or computer (machine.config) must have the
    jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
    The application must also be compiled with debugging
    enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
        <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
    </configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
    will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
    rather than be handled by this dialog box.

• IStonia
    sonictk:

Can you see the BasicD3DClasses.dll file in your vw install folder? It could be this file is missing or damaged.

It can also be some dot net or directx files missing. Check this http://voidworld.cmcproductions.co.uk/index.php/topic,75.0.html.
  • storm3
    You also need to make sure the right Dot Net version is installed.. I just installed the 2.x and 3.x versions and it worked perfectly from then on.. This is a known issue and handled back in the earlier pages of the forums.. BTW: Hello everyone I am back!!! Nice new, awesomely fast computer w/ solid state drive, new nVidia GTX 550 overclocked card, and intel i5 cpu, 8 gigs of ram, super fast, 5 seconds from power on to desktop.. and it's working perfectly with my p-active 19" tablet monitor, which is the most important, so I am back and ready to hammer out some tuts and my newest models for my now in process games I have started for html5 platforms and all the app stores and facebook also.. woo hoo, man I missed you guys, and I'm glad to be back.. did I mention I almost died 5 days ago?? I had a total blockage in my intestines, they dialated to the size of a softball, and I had so much pain felt like I was having a baby naturally every 30 seconds as my intestines tried to move something that had no where to go.. not fun, had to call an ambulance after first hospital told me nothing was wrong an sent me home to drink milk of magnesia making my problem much worse.. passed out from pain on bed, woke up and couldn't move or get up cuz of the pain, called 911 and was transported to nashville hospital which told me I almost died.. ;'( But I'm OK now for the most part.. So hello IStonia!

Yer Pal, StOrM3 aka Ken
  • sonictk
    Sorry, I finally found the latest update on the forums and used that. Now it works, and I need to figure out my way around the interface. I look forward to trying this out! :D

You really need a site or something to promote this though, something this awesome deserves more PR...

EDIT: Is there a paint selection mode available? Also overall it's pretty slick, I like how the radial menus are done...much better than how Maya does it, it almost reminds me of Mudbox's menus which I like. I hope you will consider putting more tooltips on icons in the future though, I have no idea what each of them does without having to go through the documentation :P
  • IStonia
    sonictk:

Glad you get it working.

Hopefully I can get a new site soon.

Not sure what kind of paint selection you mentioned. There is a default paint selection tool, that is pressing and dragging MMB(Middle Mouse Button) in vertex/edge/polygon mode. You can change that to LMB if you like in Preference, Edit > Preference > Switch paint select from MMB to LMB. There is also a circle paint selection tool. It is a streamline tool. In default setting, you press down X key to activate it then press and drag LMB/MMB(Select-Through), Scroll WMB(Wheel Mouse Button) to adjust the brush size.

What icons do you mean? the tool bar icons on top of the app window? They should have tool tips. Or the vertex/edge/polygon... mode icons? They have tool tips too, but for some unknown reason these tooltips may not show up and I have no way to fix it.
  • passerby
    Offline / Send Message
    for the site, just let me know what kinda content you want, and i can work on a mockup and maybe get something working in the next few weeks.
  • IStonia
    passerby: I'll let you know through emails.

storm3: Sorry to learn what you have experienced. I think you are a much TOUGH guy.
  • Michael Knubben
    Getting this crash every time I work on a certain mesh:
    System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    at DigitalFossil.AnimationDesign.AnimationDesignGraphicWindow.ModelDesigner.Polygon.GetSupPolys(Polygon poly)
    at DigitalFossil.AnimationDesign.AnimationDesignGraphicWindow.ModelDesigner.StreamLineEngine.RenderPolygon(Polygon polyToRender, Boolean polyInIsSubDivisionBase, Boolean canRenderSymmetricalPolys)
    at DigitalFossil.AnimationDesign.AnimationDesignGraphicWindow.ModelDesigner.StreamLineEngine.RenderItemsTwo()
    at DigitalFossil.AnimationDesign.AnimationDesignGraphicWindow.ModelDesigner.StreamLineEngine.RenderTwo()
    at DigitalFossil.AnimationDesign.AnimationDesignGraphicWindow.ModelDesigner.RenderTwo()
    at DigitalFossil.AnimationDesign.AnimationDesignGraphicWindow.RenderObjects()
    at DigitalFossil.AnimationDesign.AnimationDesignGraphicWindow.Render()
    at DigitalFossil.BaseGraphicWindow.Render3DEnvironment()
    at DigitalFossil.BaseGraphicWindow.FullRenderDetail(Boolean forced)
  • Michael Knubben
    And another crash (with another file). Tried creasing, vw crashed without a report.
  • IStonia
    MightyPea: Thanks for the bug report! I have fixed it and the next release should be this bug free. It crashes if you working on a subdivided partial symmetrical mesh and try to highlight the non-symmetrical faces.

Edit: The creasing bug is also found and fixed.
  • Michael Knubben
    Alright, good news! Here's another one:
    See the end of this message for details on invoking 
    just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
    System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
       at DigitalFossil.AnimationDesign.AnimationDesignGraphicWindow.ModelDesigner.Edge.GetTopSubParentEdge(Edge edge)
       at DigitalFossil.AnimationDesign.AnimationDesignGraphicWindow.ModelDesigner.StrlBasicTool_EdgeBrige.OnMouseDown(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)
       at DigitalFossil.AnimationDesign.AnimationDesignGraphicWindow.ModelDesigner.StreamLineTool.ActivateNMBTool(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)
       at DigitalFossil.AnimationDesign.AnimationDesignGraphicWindow.ModelDesigner.StreamLineTool.OnMouseMove(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)
       at DigitalFossil.AnimationDesign.AnimationDesignGraphicWindow.ModelDesigner.StreamLineTool.OnMouseMoveCall(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)
       at DigitalFossil.AnimationDesign.AnimationDesignGraphicWindow.ModelDesigner.StreamLineEngine.OnMouseMove(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)
       at DigitalFossil.AnimationDesign.AnimationDesignGraphicWindow.ModelDesigner.OnMouseMove(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)
       at DigitalFossil.AnimationDesign.AnimationDesignGraphicWindow.OnMouseMove(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)
       at DigitalFossil.AbstractGraphicWindow.CursorClerk.OnMouseMove(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnMouseMove(MouseEventArgs e)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseMove(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
       at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
    mscorlib
        Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4963 (win7RTMGDR.050727-4900)
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
    VoidWorld 2.4
        Assembly Version: 2.3.4385.38770
        Win32 Version: 2.3.4385.38770
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Michael/Desktop/VoidWorld/VoidWorld%202.4.exe
    System.Windows.Forms
        Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4961 (win7RTMGDR.050727-4900)
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
    System
        Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4962 (win7RTMGDR.050727-4900)
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
    System.Drawing
        Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4927 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
    System.Data
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
    CharacterClasses
        Assembly Version: 2.3.4385.38758
        Win32 Version: 2.3.4385.38758
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Michael/Desktop/VoidWorld/CharacterClasses.DLL
    Microsoft.DirectX
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Michael/Desktop/VoidWorld/Microsoft.DirectX.DLL
    Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Michael/Desktop/VoidWorld/Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3D.DLL
    System.Xml
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
    WorkShop
        Assembly Version: 2.3.4385.38764
        Win32 Version: 2.3.4385.38764
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Michael/Desktop/VoidWorld/WorkShop.DLL
    BasicD3DClasses
        Assembly Version: 2.3.4385.38759
        Win32 Version: 2.3.4385.38759
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Michael/Desktop/VoidWorld/BasicD3DClasses.DLL
    DevExpress.XtraBars.v10.2
        Assembly Version: 10.2.4.0
        Win32 Version: 10.2.4.0
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Michael/Desktop/VoidWorld/DevExpress.XtraBars.v10.2.DLL
    DevExpress.Utils.v10.2
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Michael/Desktop/VoidWorld/DevExpress.Utils.v10.2.DLL
    Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3DX
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Michael/Desktop/VoidWorld/Microsoft.DirectX.Direct3DX.DLL
    DevExpress.Data.v10.2
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Michael/Desktop/VoidWorld/DevExpress.Data.v10.2.DLL
    DevExpress.XtraEditors.v10.2
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Michael/Desktop/VoidWorld/DevExpress.XtraEditors.v10.2.DLL
    Microsoft.DirectX.DirectInput
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Michael/Desktop/VoidWorld/Microsoft.DirectX.DirectInput.DLL
    Microsoft.DirectX.DirectSound
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Michael/Desktop/VoidWorld/Microsoft.DirectX.DirectSound.DLL
    Microsoft.VisualC
        Assembly Version: 8.0.0.0
        Win32 Version: 8.00.50727.4927
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualC/8.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualC.dll
    Accessibility
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll
    AnimationPlay
        Assembly Version: 1.0.4385.38769
        Win32 Version: 1.0.4385.38769
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Michael/Desktop/VoidWorld/AnimationPlay.DLL
    FileManager2.3
        Assembly Version: 2.3.4213.31108
        Win32 Version: 2.3.4213.31108
        CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/Michael/Desktop/VoidWorld/FileManager2.3.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
    To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
    application or computer (machine.config) must have the
    jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
    The application must also be compiled with debugging
    enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
        <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
    </configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
    will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
    rather than be handled by this dialog box.

EDIT: And if I'm not mistaken, relax doesn't work with symmetry.

EDIT#2: It would also be nice if you could bridge faces, which doesn't seem to be possible.
  • IStonia
    I couldn't find anything wrong in the bridge tool. What update are you using?

I will make the relax work in symmetry.

Bridge faces is possible. Create a shpere, select two seperate polygons. Geometry > Bridge. But it may not work in symmetry mode.
  • Michael Knubben
    I created a cube, duplicated it and combined them into one mesh. Selected opposing faces, and bridge does nothing.

I'm one version behind I think.
  • IStonia
    If I combine the two cubes into one object one mesh, it works. But If I combine them into one object two meshes, it won't work.

About the bridge bug, can you tell me the steps to recreate it?
  • IStonia
    new update.
    http://www.digitalfossils.com/Download/VoidWorld-Feb-09-12.rar

Summary of changes:
    * Edit > Options > Vertex Transform Along Edges.
    * Open Scene or New Scene will clear the existing object groupings.
    * Geometry > Resymmetry tool has a new feature. If no selection, symmetry center vertices will move into symmetry plane and side symmetry vertices will move to average positions.
    * A bug fixed which causes crashing in subdivided partial symmetrical mesh polygon lighlight rendering.
    * A bug in edge subdivision creasing is fixed.
    * Relax works on symmetry mode.
    * Two bugs in polygon bridge tool are fixed so it works in symmetry mode and between two meshes of the same object.
    * Multi object files can be merged into scene through dialog.

Thanks!
  • Michael Knubben
    Alright, I'll try this as soon as it downloads.

I had another question though, how do you break off part of a mesh into a new object? There's split, but that only works for seperate meshes in one object (which, when importing an obj, doesn't work as it's all merged into the same mesh).
  • IStonia
    In polygon mode, select the polygons. Then execute the Split or Duplicate command. An option dialog will show up where you can choose to break the polygons into one object or objects if selections are seperate.

There is an option in obj importing which allows you to break the obj into meshes or objects base on grouping from the obj file. Edit > Options > File Format Options.
  • polyxo
    Hi Guys,
    was anyone of you able to transfer VW-Groups as Polygroups to Zbrush?
    Testing the Group feature it seems to to be bound to Subdivison-Level 0. Groups may not get created at anything else but Basemesh-Level and disappear in higher Subdivision-Levels, right?
    As I did not get this done I tried assigning some VW-Materials to Groups of Faces as Zbrush can also extract Polygroups from Materials. But again no Luck.
    Can this maybe get tuned up at some point?
  • IStonia
    new update.
    http://www.digitalfossils.com/Download/VoidWorld-Feb-16-12.rar

Summary of changes:
    * Texture file 'Reload' Button is added into 'Materials' window. Objects use the same texture file will get updated at the same time.
    * Two new streamline tools, Spline_Extrude_AxisDir and Spline_Extrude_CursorDir under Generice group, to extrude mesh from selected spline/splines.
    * Under vertex mode, Geometry > Spline Commands n Tools > Joint Splines. It joints two open splines base on the two selected spline end points.
    * Creating spline context streamline tools is possible.
    * Some basic streamline tools for spline are created under Spline Vertex Tools group. Add/Insert/Position-Tweak/Tangent-Tweak/Chamfer(Bevel).
    * Polygon groups are maintained after subdivision models are collapsed. polyxo, hopefully this is what you want.
    Thanks!
  • polyxo
    IStonia wrote: »
    * Polygon groups are maintained after subdivision models are collapsed. polyxo, hopefully this is what you want.
    Thanks!

Thank you for the new update! Actually we are not quite there yet.
    I'll answer this in my VW-Forum Feature-Request.
  • IStonia
    new update.
    http://www.digitalfossils.com/Download/VoidWorld-Feb-20-12.rar

Summary of changes:
    * It is possible to export subdivison to .obj file with polygon groups. In previous versions, exporting subd object which has polygon groups will cause the app crash.
    * Vertex/Edge/Polygon can all be grouped. Geometry > Common commands n Tools > Subobject Group.
    * A new edge selection command, Under polygon mode > Selections > Edges On Selection Border.
    * Manipulator > Orientation > Cycle Through.
    * A basic streamline tool may be linked to a visual tool which does the same or similar thing but with more options. Once the basic streamline tool is activated through a streamline tool, press down 'End' key will cause the streamline tool to close and the linked visual tool will be Activated. If an operation is in progress, it will be canceled. This is usefull to access a visual tool through streamline tools to take the advantages of the visual tool's options.
    * Two new basic streamline tools under Edge Tools group, Loop_Tidy_Standard, Loop_Tidy_EdgeMidPosition.
    * A few new basic streamline tools under Generic Tools group. Relax, Spherize, Surface_Align_VertexNormal, Surface_Align_ViewDirection.
    * Selections > Increse/Decrease Soft Selection.
    Thanks!
  • Harriett456
    Thanks r_fletch_r. I have though about that, but just don't know how to do it at the moment. May be making some gif images is easier, I'll try that.zhao3.jpgzhao2.jpgzhao4.jpg
  • IStonia
    new update.
    http://www.digitalfossils.com/Download/VoidWorld-Feb-21-12.rar

Summary of changes:
    * A bug in exporting to .obj file is fixed which causes app crash.
    * Geometry Commond Commands n Tools > Group is moved to Misc Toos > Subobject Group.
    Thanks!
  • IStonia
    new update.
    http://www.digitalfossils.com/Download/VoidWorld-Feb-25-12.rar

Summary of changes:
    * A new basic streamline tool, Local Move Selection, under Subobject Tools group.
    * Millimeter is available for unit setup.
    * Edit > Preference > Filters, for manipulator and shading cycling element options.
    * Space Loop and Circulate are improved to work better on symmetry mode.
    * Edit > Options > Radial Menu Options > Revert Custom Menu To Default Menu In Empty Space. This is an alternative way to access default radial menu if you don't want to access it in the default way: RMB.
    * Vertex/Edge/Polygon Mode > Commond Commands n Tools > Quad Cap. For instructions see Help >Contents > Modeling > Common Command Tools > Quad Cap.
    * Polygon Flatten tool is replaced by Flatten tool at subobject level.
    * The X/Y/Z axis labels in Manipuation window can be used to do the tramsforming operations by RMB/LMB.
    * Rendering > Show Subd Crease Edge Color. Edit > Preference > Colors > Sud Crease Edge Colors.
    * 'Quad cap' option is added to 'Shpere' and 'Cyliner' primitive tools.
    Thanks!
  • IStonia
    new update.
    http://www.digitalfossils.com/Download/VoidWorld-Feb-26-12.rar

Summary of changes:
    * A bug in quad sphere creation is fixed.
    Thanks!
  • mLichy
    This has come a long way! Very nice so far.
  • arrangemonk
    Offline / Send Message
    arrangemonk polycounter lvl 15
    i recomend using some code analysis tool like resharper.

makes bugfixing easier
  • IStonia
  • IStonia
    new update.
    http://www.digitalfossils.com/Download/VoidWorld-Mar-02-12.rar

Summary of changes:
    * A polygon marquee selection bug is fixed. It may cause unexpected selection if the object is zoomed too closed to the camera.
    Thanks!
  • IStonia
    new update.
    http://www.digitalfossils.com/Download/VoidWorld-Mar-04-12.rar

Summary of changes:
    * Ctrl + Drag in 'file > viewport' dragging means 'New Scene'.
    * Some changes made to treamline 'Edge_Loop_Cut' and 'Edge_DoubleLoop_Cut'. If the highlighted edge is selected, it will only cut through selected edges.
    * 'Num cuts' input is added into 'Edge_Loop_Cut' streamline dialog.
    * A bug in paint selection is fixed.
    Thanks!
  • IStonia
    new update.
    http://www.digitalfossils.com/Download/VoidWorld-Mar-08-12.rar

Summary of changes:
    * Some performance inprovement. Moving objects in object mode is much smoother.
    * Rendering > Show Open Edge Color.
    * Edit > Preference > Colors > Edge Colors.
    * Array and along spline abilities are added into instance creation dialog.
    Thanks!
  • IStonia
    new update.
    http://www.digitalfossils.com/Download/VoidWorld-Mar-10-12.rar

Summary of changes:
    * Vertex Creat/Insert tool and vertex streamline basic tool Creat/Insert tool can create polygons in empty scene.
    * Instance object's edge colors are customizable in Preference.
    * Edge selection is kept in chamfer operation.
    * Object and its intances can hide seperately.
    Thanks!
  • Fabrice
    Hi IStonia, thanks a lot for this great modeling tool !!!
    I've found a bug. If Symmetry is enabled and I made a loop cut edge in Subdivision surface mode, VW freezes and crash.
  • storm3
    Hello,

Long time no C... Sorry 4 my absence as of late, but I have been busy working on a new game, and I now have the main character almost completely done, which of course it was modeled all in VW from start to finish, then Rigged w/ skeleton in Fragmotion, sorry couldn't figure out the bone stuff in VW, and finally I'm painting and editing in 3DCoat, all is looking really good, I need to redo the face & eyes they were just a quick rough in as a place holder so I could paint the helmet etc.. and get an idea how things were looking.. But enough from me tell me what you think, once it is totally done, I am going to finish the tutorials on the character modeling especially now that I am super fast with the tools and my silo shortcuts setup..

Here is the pic..

20a3ok3.jpg
  • IStonia
    new update.
    http://www.digitalfossils.com/Download/VoidWorld-Mar-13-12.rar

Summary of changes:
    * The app remembers SmartTips and Instant Help positions on closing.
    * A bug in edge LoopCut tool is fixed wich may cause the app to crash in subd level.
    * Manipulator > Snapping Options > Turn On/Off All.
    * If snapping is enabled and any snapping option is on, a little S will appear under the cursor.
    * The app restores default scene settings on New Scene command.
    * MMB can be used to toggle all snapping options on/off in the tool bar.
    * Edit > Preference > General > Snapping Tolerance. View > Display > Show Shapping Tolerance.
    Thanks!

Fabrice: Thanks for bug reporting!

Storm3: Good to hear you again! Good work!
  • 3dnut
    Offline / Send Message
    3dnut polycounter lvl 17
    Saved .obj files broken and cannot be re-loaded.
  • IStonia
    new update.
    http://www.digitalfossils.com/Download/VoidWorld-Mar-13A-12.rar

Summary of changes:
    * A bug which causes broken obj file exporting is fixed.
    Thanks!
  • storm3
    thank you IStonia, that is what I was wanting was some feedback!... I love the direction VW is going btw... It has turned into one powerful modeling application! Awesome job! Keep it up, I am snagging every new beta trying things out..

Ciao' Mano'

Ken aka StOrM3