Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Bomb Rush

polycounter lvl 10
Offline / Send Message
Axios polycounter lvl 10
br_banner.png

Bomb Rush is a simple, twitch Unity game that a friend and I have been working on. In it, you control one of five robot characters and try to survive an endless onslaught of bombs as long as you can, with the assistance of unique abilities and pickups.

We had been wanting to make a game out of a simple prototype he had and the Kongregate Unity contest made for convenient timing. Personally, my responsibility was the art. I did the models, textures, and materials for the characters, bombs, pickups, and environment.

br_art_01.jpg

br_art_02.jpg

The game is available to play here on Kongregrate right now, and here's an over the top trailer that my friend made:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zknaxpyaSB0[/ame]

Anyways, give it a play and a (hopefully good) rating and let me know what you think.

www.jacobschieck.com
www.joshmarkham.com

Replies

• JasonLavoie
    Offline / Send Message
    JasonLavoie polycounter lvl 18
    wow... its games like these that really peek my interest, really cool art style and the execution seems great.

How long did it take you guys to develop? Any dev blogs to follow?
  • haiddasalami
    Offline / Send Message
    haiddasalami polycounter lvl 14
    Man love that roll to evade bombs. In our flash coding class, we're actually coding these evading type games. Definitely see myself paying for a mobile version of this.
  • Axios
    Offline / Send Message
    Axios polycounter lvl 10
    Development took the two of us around 2 months of sporadic after work/weekend time with ramped up production for the past couple weeks. We didn't blog anything since it was a pretty small, low-profile project, but we may still be adding stuff and updating the game so I'll post here.

As for a mobile version, that's something we had in mind since we started but after we found out about this contest, we've shifted focus. Once this is done, we'll probably go have a look at that.
  • tanka
    Offline / Send Message
    tanka polycounter lvl 12
    Excellent work man! If you ever release this on iOS, I will buy it in a heartbeat.
  • [SF]Three9
    haha got 599 bombs as a driller, this is awesome! really good work
  • Nate Broach
    Offline / Send Message
    Nate Broach polycounter lvl 17
    pretty cool! 769 with the missile guy. I liked all of the bots cept speedy. When it gets that chaotic at the end, the speed only seems to push me into more bombs. Really neat game though, nice job.
  • Axios
    Offline / Send Message
    Axios polycounter lvl 10
    Thanks guys, we're going to be working on some updates to possibly include a very simple leveling system and modifying some abilities (such as the dasher taking less or no damage while dashing) as well as achievements.

There seems to be a healthy dose of downvoting coming from developers of other games and that's disappointing. So the more people who will play, the better, and it'd be much appreciated if anyone shared the link around or gave us some 5/5 ratings. My goal right now is to hopefully get into the top 25 so we can at least get to the judging phase. Anyways, thanks for the feedback and keep it coming. We're still looking to improve this game.
  • 3DK.P.
    Offline / Send Message
    3DK.P. polycounter lvl 10
    Yeah, I think with the inclusion of some sort of leveling system and maybe implementing an item or upgrade system in-between waves would give the game a little more depth. I'd definitely buy something like the on the app store!