Home Technical Talk

Vertex Paint problem in 3ds max

Hello i have a little problem with the vertex paint in 3ds max.

Unfortunately i have collapsed my vertex paint with my editable poly. So my game engine cant recognize the vertex paint. is there a trick to take back the information in the editable poly to copy in a new vertex pain modifier?

sorry for my bad English im french

Mike

Replies

• Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vertex Paint doesn't store the vertex colors, the colors are stored in the vertices themselves.

Try going to Object Properties and turning on Vertex Channel Display. Do the colors still show up?

Your exporter might require the modifier to be there simply to "see" the vertex colors... did you try adding a Vertex Paint modifier again?
  • Tumerboy
    Options
    Online / Send Message
    Tumerboy polycounter lvl 17
    If you want to wipe out the vertex colors entirely, goto Tools>Channel Info.
    Select your object, and look for the "VC" and "Illum" channels in the window that popped up.

You can right click those and say "clear."

That'll get you back to square one.
  • mikote
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Vertex Paint doesn't store the vertex colors, the colors are stored in the vertices themselves.

Try going to Object Properties and turning on Vertex Channel Display. Do the colors still show up?

Your exporter might require the modifier to be there simply to "see" the vertex colors... did you try adding a Vertex Paint modifier again?

yea i tried to put a new vertex paint modifier and i does not contain any color information. i need to copy the information thats inside the editable poly.

i don't know if you cant understand clearly my question i have some problem with my English :P

Mike
  • Ryno
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ryno polycounter lvl 18
    If you drop a new Vertex Paint modifier on the object, bring up the Edit window, and in the bottom right corner, click on the "Condense to Single Layer" button. This will give you access to the controls for tweaking the vertex colors that you already set up, without having to re-paint.

Is this what you were going for?
  • mikote
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    you Just save My DAY !!!!
    thx a lot :P