Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Benedict Cumberbatch WIP

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
BakedCookie polycounter lvl 3
Think I've got most of the face correct so now I'm doing a refinement pass on it. If you spot something wrong I'd appreciate it if you'd let me know!

G40c5K6.png

PHbqqPP.png

Replies

• nGreenroad
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    nGreenroad polycounter lvl 4
    I can tell that it's him, which is pretty tough to achieve! I like most of the proportions of the face. There are a few things I would tweak.

There is a sharpness at the glabella that might need to be softened.
    Cumberbatch has such an awesome brow ridge, in most pictures I see of him there is a deeper deviation at the temporal bone (behind the zygomatic arch.) Whether this is from an extruded occipitofrontalis or a deeper temporal I'm not sure, but you may want to try playing with that ridge.

I would also work on the hair. How his hair covers his huge dome makes or breaks Cumberbatches likeness. Great start!
  • BakedCookie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Small update, cleared up the glabella and made some tweaks to define the brow ridge more as you pointed out nGreenroad. Pushed back the temple a bit and compressed the face vertically a bit (felt it was just a bit too elongated). Defined the base for the hair and scarf but I'm gonna go back to the face for a bit, I'm not quite happy with the zygomatic and I figure it's better to get it perfect before introducing asymmetry.

BU0iKDE.png

41Xh7FB.png
  • BakedCookie
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Did some refinements and fixed some horrendous errors in proportions. Gonna need to work on the face some more I guess.

SVfytLA.jpg