Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Mocap Animation "My Precious"

Splidsecond
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Splidsecond polycounter lvl 3
Hey Guys,

We are a group of students from the university of applied sciences Darmstadt - Germany. We are from the third and fifth semester “Animation and Game”.
We’re currently working on a 3D animated short that will use motion capture, named “My Precious”.

Our team consists of 9 people and we’ll be working on the movie until the 30th January. But since this is not our main project we will only spend one time per week on this project.

We are:
Katherina - Management, Modeling and UV Layouting
Tom - Management, Technical art, Animatic
Rene - Modeling, Sculpting and Mocap Actor
Aleysha - Modeling, Animatic
Eva - Concept, Texturing, Materials
Alissa - Modeling, Animation
Johannes - Modelling, Animation
Sebastian - Concept
JP - Concept and Textures
We have two professors who support us during the project.Show us the Mocap system,help setting up all the technical stuff and giving advice.

So what is “My Precious” about?
The animated short tells the story of an amateur thief who is breaking into a museum making his way to a huge painting. While the viewer is supposed to think that the protagonist is trying to steal the picture, he grabs the lamp above the picture in the end. In the last scene one can see the thief lighting his own “ugly” picture with the lamp.

We’re going for a funny animation with a lost of slapstick humor suitable for kids. As the thief is not a professional, he constantly makes mistakes.

Character Concepts:
15x91qr.jpg
24zkhfl.jpg

And the blocking of the museum:
i5c1zc.png
21jd549.png

Length: approximately 2 minutes
Software
Modeling: Zbrush, Maya, 3Ds max,
Textures: Headus UV, Photoshop
After Effects for the Animatic
Data Exchange: Google Drive

We’ll be posting new stuff, hopefully every week, and we’re looking for some advice and critique from you guys :D

Replies