Home Contests & Challenges Archives UT Master Challenge: Concept Art

UTMC - Sludge Refinery

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Brandon_DS polycounter lvl 3
The idea here is a factory/Refinery that pumps around green slim/sludge. I know in UT the green matter probably has a backstory and such but its based off of the green stuff in UT3's version of Deck. My idea for the layout of the map is square and symmetrical. In my first work I did a portion that would be exposed to the outside pollution and fog. More to come soon! vgYdNTE.jpg?1

Replies

• Delofasht
    I really like the mood and feel of this one. Classic Unreal kind of feel to me, with perhaps a bit less intensity in the color, well done.
  • Brandon_DS
    Offline / Send Message
    Brandon_DS polycounter lvl 3
    Some 3d for the next part of the map. Center area that I think would be pretty crazy. Some decisions where made for ascetics and others for potential gameplay fun. Let me know if you know how I can get lights in sketch up. something free and not amazing. it be great to get the local illumination sorted out in 3d.
    joCypp2.png

wlsXnrF.png
  • WarrenM
    Very cool! Can't wait to see more of this...
  • FirebornForm
    Fantastic looking theme you got here Brandon, by the way if you're curious about the green stuff. I think it might be related to this.

"The Bio Rifle is a weapon that features in most Unreal games. For ammo it uses the waste byproduct from the tarydium refining process, a toxic green slime called GES"

Of course I could be wrong! Who knows what epic had in mind when making Deck 16 beyond just toxic sludge. I second Warren's opinion I'm really looking forward to your next shots.