Home General Discussion

The Walking Dead

Replies

• Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas polycounter lvl 11
    Or the phone... is ringing in his imagination and hes gone to lala land? People dissect shit too much and try to tie real world rules to fiction too much.
  • Lamont
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lamont polycounter lvl 15
    They finally got to the 2nd ep of the 3rd season for Hulu here Japan... this thread is painful, I gotta unsub.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman polycounter lvl 18
    haha, Lamont, just download them. That's how I got caught up on the first season (and how I caught up on Breaking Bad).
  • PogoP
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    PogoP polycounter lvl 10
    I bet the person
    on the phone will be Lori, all in his head.
    I hope not, but I've got a feeling that's who it's gonna be.
  • Polygoblin
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Polygoblin polycounter
    All I'm saying is I hope Andrea is playing an angle I'm not aware of... otherwise, her character is pissing me off.
  • Zipfinator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zipfinator polycounter lvl 9
    Polygoblin wrote: »
    All I'm saying is I hope Andrea is playing an angle I'm not aware of... otherwise, her character is pissing me off.

Compared to her character in the comic, pretty much. As long as they can turn it around somehow in the second half of the Governor arc maybe she'll be better but right now she's a sack of nuts.
  • CandyStripes05
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CandyStripes05 polycounter lvl 9
    So for those who have read the comics and were insisting they knew what was going to happen, did it? Was that the phone call you were expecting?
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    So for those who have read the comics and were insisting they knew what was going to happen, did it? Was that the phone call you were expecting?

yup
  • aajohnny
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aajohnny polycounter lvl 13
    Zipfinator wrote: »
    right now she's a sack of nuts.
    Literally is full of it right now if you catch my drift.
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aajohnny wrote: »
    Literally is full of it right now if you catch my drift.

teehee sex joke!

Great episode tonight, the dialogue in particular was really solid. Not sure wth was with that last part with redneck boy, seemed thrown in and badly edited. Also I wish american networks would stop with the next weeks spoilers in the credits that start .000000001 seconds after the episodes. Goes for Dexter too.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas wrote: »
    Not sure wth was with that last part with redneck boy, seemed thrown in and badly edited.
    Well he does have Rick's group to thank for leaving him on a roof handcuffed like walker bait and he did have to cut off his own hand to get away. Then there is the connection of his brother, which is still with Ricks group and the two he just captured, are a way for him to find his brother.

It also provides a way to get Michonne to the prison. Without her they wouldn't know what happened to Glen and Maggie.

So it seems pretty plot critical?
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    man, Andrea in the comic makes me wish Andrea in the show would just get killed off... because comic book Andrea was fucking insane.
  • StephenVyas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    StephenVyas polycounter lvl 18
    almighty_gir, do you have an example of her insanity ? (w/spoiler tags)

In the show, she seems pretty bland to me . I hardly care about her character & whether she makes it or not.
  • Justin Meisse
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Justin Meisse polycounter lvl 18
    I think he means she's a bad ass - It seems like Darrel has taken over the roles Andrea & Tyreese had in the comics.
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    she's just such a badass... she becomes an expert marksman, is one of ricks "right handers", protects the group endlessly, falls in love with the dale (who was killed last tv season), gets shot/grazed on the side of the head (the way she did to daryl in the show) during some events which.... anyway let's just say she took on half an army by herself, she survived though, has a huge gnarly scar for her efforts... and is just generally a badass.

yeah, what Justin says.
  • Zipfinator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Zipfinator polycounter lvl 9
    @gir,
    The scar is from the prison serial killer slashing her, not the gunshot from when she was in the sniper's tower.
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Well he does have Rick's group to thank for leaving him on a roof handcuffed like walker bait and he did have to cut off his own hand to get away. Then there is the connection of his brother, which is still with Ricks group and the two he just captured, are a way for him to find his brother.

It also provides a way to get Michonne to the prison. Without her they wouldn't know what happened to Glen and Maggie.

So it seems pretty plot critical?

Sorry I meant Darrel and what he finds :) Im just awful at remembering character names in TV shows heh.
  • Rwolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rwolf polycounter lvl 18
    Last episode has made me "fuuuuu, need to watch the next episode" again, Since Glenn and Darrel is my fav chars.
  • Bek
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Bek interpolator
    Did I miss why (tv spoilers) Michonne is being hunted down? Don't want her blabbing about their setup? Just seemed strange that suddenly they're after her, unless I'm forgetting a scene from last weeks ep.
  • Rwolf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rwolf polycounter lvl 18
    probably the same reason why they killed the military group, and helicopter pilot
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Andreas wrote: »
    Sorry I meant Darrel and what he finds :) Im just awful at remembering character names in TV shows heh.
    Oh that redneck boy, I thought you where talking about his brother, ha! In that case yea it felt tacked on. But they are probably trying to humanize him a bit so when he meets back up with is brother there is more drama...
  • Rhinokey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rhinokey polycounter lvl 18
    Darly feels one of the most human characters they have, he's the one that usualy tells it like it is, like when it came down to the prisoners a few eps back, half the group was like, "make them leave they will betray us" and the other half was like "they are probably pretty good guys" and daryl was the one who kinda saw both sides, he felt for them, and knew most likely they were good guys, but they couldnt stay cause you never know. i dont know what felt tacked on, he's always been close to carol, probably more so than anyone in the group,
    and about andrea whats suprising you about this, she's been fucking all the bad guys, suprised she hasnt let meryl get up in that snatch yet
  • ScudzAlmighty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Rhinokey wrote: »
    Darly feels one of the most human characters they have, he's the one that usualy tells it like it is, like when it came down to the prisoners a few eps back, half the group was like, "make them leave they will betray us" and the other half was like "they are probably pretty good guys" and daryl was the one who kinda saw both sides, he felt for them, and knew most likely they were good guys, but they couldnt stay cause you never know. i dont know what felt tacked on, he's always been close to carol, probably more so than anyone in the group,
    and about andrea whats suprising you about this, she's been fucking all the bad guys, suprised she hasnt let meryl get up in that snatch yet
    but she did specifically say why she didn't sleep with Meryl;)
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Also I wanna punch Korea Boy's girlfriend in the mouth. That accent, holy crap.
  • cptSwing
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cptSwing polycounter lvl 11
    Ah, but so hot.
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • Pangahas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pangahas polycounter lvl 10
    edit*wrong thread
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Pangahas wrote: »
    NEw Dune RTS

Bless.
  • jordan.kocon
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jordan.kocon polycounter lvl 6
    In regards to the phone, I understand that the show is meant to be an alternate universe to the comics, it's not supposed to be a direct copy, but
    I wish they kept the phone call between Rick and Lori only. It seems as though they made it everyone who 'died on Rick's watch'. It makes him seem regretful and sad about the people their group lost. Where as in the comics when it was just Lori on the phone, I got more of a sense that Rick was bat shit crazy and creating a psychological last stand to connect with the world before the shit hit the fan.

Definitely my biggest disappointment thus far :(
  • Lamont
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Lamont polycounter lvl 15
    Just saw that T-Dog and Lori are dead. Then they did the 24-ish thing by not playing the music at the end.

And last night I played the 5th Ep of the game... fun times.
  • Mark Dygert
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Fairly decent episode last night, the scene with Glen and the walker was intense.

Next week is the mid season finale so I guess they sneak into/assault Woodbury and we find out where Daryl's loyalties lie. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't spend the last 3 episodes building him up as a leader, to have him turn his back on the group. I just hope they don't kill him off because he is turning into one of my favorite characters and he wasn't in the comics so whatever they do with him is new territory. Killing him off would be a huge mistake.

Michonne is turning out to be a disappointment it seems like they waste every chance to turn her into a badass. I'm not sure she'll survive the season...
  • aajohnny
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    aajohnny polycounter lvl 13
    Mid-Season finale, does that mean the next half will be next year? or am I mistaken?
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Great episode and next weeks looks to be a whopper. Glen is a badass now, I like that.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I believe the season is suppose to continue in Feb., but I'm not sure (just saw an internet post from someone).

I loved the Glen scene, and I think the Maggie scene was a tip of the hat to the comic readers (suggesting he'd rape her, but didn't). It was one of those scenes that I thought would be too harsh for TV.
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Did he do so in the comics?
  • ScudzAlmighty
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    The Glenn scene was awesome. actually it was a bit of a weird episode as I felt all the individual scenes were good but the episode as a whole left me kinda meh. though that may have been a result of watching it on TV for once and suffering the commercial breaks every two minutes.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Read this only if you want to know what happened in the comics (since it 'could' still happen, but doubtful). This is only in reference to the 'nod to comic readers' that I was mentioning.
    Events were slightly different in the comics, but it was Glen, Rick, and Michonne who were the Governor's captives. The Governor interrogated Michonne, and then began raping her, repeatedly. It actually got rather gruesome (not that a single rape isn't). He would give her beatings too. Eventually, as they are making their escape, she gets her revenge, because she makes a visit to the Governor's apartment, and beats the shit out of him, scoops out his eyeball, cuts off his arm, and eventually, nails(or knifes) his dick to the floor.
  • CandyStripes05
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    notman wrote: »
    The Governor interrogated Michonne, and then began raping her, repeatedly. It actually got rather gruesome (not that a single rape isn't). He would give her beatings too. Eventually, as they are making their escape, she gets her revenge, because she makes a visit to the Governor's apartment, and beats the shit out of him, scoops out his eyeball, cuts off his arm, and eventually, nails(or knifes) his dick to the floor.

comic Michonne > tv Michonne
  • StephenVyas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • Andreas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Eh so I take it the comic is a little more extreme than the show.
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Yeah, there are definitely things that the show will probably only hint at.
  • StephenVyas
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tonight's episode was pretty damn good!
    Can't wait to see what'll happen with the two brothers, and the coming assault on the prison
  • Selaznog
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Selaznog polycounter lvl 8
    Great episode tonight, one of the best I'd say.

Also, best of luck to T-Dog 3!
    468769_4913463712775_784752633_o.jpg
  • JacqueChoi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JacqueChoi polycounter
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I knew, the instant they took that black prisoner along, that he was going to bite the dust. He should have been wearing a red jumpsuit with the 'away team' ;)

I think it's a little late to introduce Tyreese. Depending on how they do things, he may not be around for long. Then it will start to look like they don't like to keep black characters around.

I did find it odd, how the Governor played this out. Clearly Andrea is going to recognize Daryl, so why would he get shown to the crowd? I suspect Andrea is going to be the one to save him (and Merle).
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    Great mid-finale!!!

I think the governor played it out like he did because andrea didnt shoot michonne when she had the chance, so now he wants to see where her alliances lay. But I agree, I think shes going to be the one to save them... And then I hope glenn caps merl's ass when he gets the chance.

As for tyrease, I know nothing of him in the comic, but he seems like a good guy. I hope he actually either becomes the leader (they hinted at it), or at least coleader with rick. I wouldnt be surprized if his entire crew dies in the prison raid.

But seriously, why are they just trading 1 token black guy for another?
  • slipsius
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    slipsius mod
    and yes. it comes back febuary 3rd, i believe
  • notman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Tyreese existed very early on in the comics, when the original group was leaving the camp, and driving down the freeway away from Atlanta. He's an ex-NFL player, and a real bad ass (who loves his hammer).
  • Kwramm
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kwramm interpolator
    Selaznog wrote: »
    Great episode tonight, one of the best I'd say.

Also, best of luck to T-Dog 3!
    468769_4913463712775_784752633_o.jpg

lol

and agreed, fuxking awesome episode!
    ...dammit...feb 3rd....what to do till then? order the comics?
  • CandyStripes05
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Being bad with names I went that entire episode thinking Tyreese was Morgan Jones from season 1 and assumed he lost his son Duane along the way. Then I did some research and found out how wrong I was.