Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: Hazardous

polycounter lvl 12
Offline / Send Message
Hazardous polycounter lvl 12
Hey Everyone,

So I'm just starting to sink my teeth into maya after 8 or so years of max, decided to start this sketchbook here to dump all of my new Maya junk into.

As always I'll appreciate crits! Thanks!

To start off, I gave myself a task to learn the modelling side of things in Maya 8.5:

A new couple of low poly base meshes for a male and female that I plan to equip with various fantasy type gear.

Sorry no fancy exxagerated proportions here, just plain old 7 heads ish normal / defaults! I may even end up making them squatter and heavier set looking, a little monster hunter-esque.

Silhouettes:

w0gimx.jpg

No-Topology-Done-Yet-Wires:

2lkfgbt.jpg

I mainly wanted to make sure the silhouettes looked distinctive and easy to read as male / female even at the base, naked level. Thats really the main task here so crit away if im overlooking something or if you think I could push out the masculine / feminine silhouette more without going overboard on the usuals!

Ive just spotted that I could beef up the forearms of the male a fair bit, so I'll do that.

Not much concern for toplogy at the moment as you can tell, I'll tackle that shortly.

Currently about 2000 tris each.

P.S I have Maya teething pains.

Replies