View Full Version : Problem with Roadkill??
01-21-2012, 09:57 AM
Hey guys, I'm currently trying to unwrap a character in max. I'm using textools and i've got roadkill installed etc. Problem though is that although i can unwrap it using the roadkill plugin, it turns my mesh invisible even when i render. I can select it from the object list and look at view it's nice clean unwrap but thats about the extent of it. I tried exporting it to roadkill proper and starting again but the same thing happens when i import it, it's invisible. No amount of scaling appears to help either because i know roadkill sometimes resizes your mesh. I've used roadkill before and its been fine, i'm not getting an error message or anything. I really don't know what to do, has anyone seen this before?? Can anybody offer any suggestions?
01-21-2012, 10:06 AM
Hmm, I've just tried importing it into max 2011 (currently using 2012) and it works out okay, I'm guessing theres something weird going on with either 2012 or more likely my scene :/ I suppose I could always import the whole lot in to 2011 if need be but i'd rather not.
01-21-2012, 10:24 AM
If this is happening when you export with obj, perhaps it is expecting to find a related .mtl file that doesn't exist, or perhaps even has one that really isn't defined. I forget the exact cause, but it's always the material. It happens in Softimage occasionally with OBJs and produces a similar result (a mesh that you can select to see the wireframe/UVs, but is otherwise invisible).
The simple solution was to just give the mesh a new material.
vBulletin® v3.8.4, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.