PDA

View Full Version : Verts disappearing in Max 2012

Danny Blank
08-21-2011, 09:31 PM
Hey peeps, first post on polycount long time lurker.
Has anyone else experienced their vertices disappearing consistently?
I literally have no idea why it constantly happens with this mesh.
It's going to make me cry at this rate.

I've reset max.
Restarted max.
Collapsed the modifer stack.
Converted it to an edit mesh then back to an editable poly.
The only thing left todo is restart my pc.
I've created new mesh to see if it had something todo with the mesh I was working on and still no luck.

After I restarted max I saw the verts for a brief second in black instead of the normal blue colour then they just disappeared.

The really weird part is I had been using max perfectly fine then after max crashed it suddenly stopped displaying vert's properly.

I know this isn't Autodesk tech support, but I get the feeling this problem is going to happen again in the future so if someone else has experienced it and found a solution id love to hear it.

ATI 5850
Driver version 11.7http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16595242/Webhost/Maxrage.PNG

Going to restart my pc now hope that will solve it.

EDIT:
Restarted my pc IT DIDN'T FIX IT D:!!! the black verts showed up again till I moved around in the viewport

EDIT 2: Fixed it :D! Turned on "redraw scene on window expose" and turned up the AA to x2 Seems to have solved it.

EDIT 3: It broke again... it seems to constantly break the only way to fix it is to go to the display properties and edit something there which is probably why changing the AA and redraw setting fixed it the first time...

Sean VanGorder
08-21-2011, 09:41 PM
Have you tried reverting back to Direct3D instead of Nitrous? I doubt that's the problem, since you said it worked fine before, but I know people have been having some strange issues with Nitrous.

Danny Blank
08-21-2011, 09:56 PM
Have you tried reverting back to Direct3D instead of Nitrous? I doubt that's the problem, since you said it worked fine before, but I know people have been having some strange issues with Nitrous.

I am using Direct3D, I'll switch to nitrous if it keeps happening.

Danielmn
08-22-2011, 01:21 AM
Sounds like a similiar problem i am having

only in nitrius mode i see all the vertices even the ones in the back of the object

in direct3d i get no problems

i used in older versions of max and i had an ati card

it seems lile ari cards always have problems in max viewprt so i always suggest people to keep away from ati when usimf max

darthwilson
08-22-2011, 01:52 AM
I'm having 100% problems in max 2012! >.< This probably won't help but it's worth a stab..

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/dl/index?id=2334435&linkID=9241178&siteID=123112#section1

Grab the service pack 1 and hotfix 2

In my opinion, if you can go back to 2011 :P - I personally use 2010!

Bryan Cavett
08-22-2011, 07:03 AM
Dont use the hardware shading mode in the direct x viewport. That seems to be the bug. You can use direct x shaders but for some reason the HW shading mode for the viewport (shift + f3) by default causes these errors in 2012 on some machines.

Danny Blank
08-22-2011, 09:27 AM
Dont use the hardware shading mode in the direct x viewport. That seems to be the bug. You can use direct x shaders but for some reason the HW shading mode for the viewport (shift + f3) by default causes these errors in 2012 on some machines.

Turned off hardware shading, saved a new max start.
Closed and reopened max and it seems to be working for now.

Cheers for the heads up.

Quack!
08-22-2011, 12:02 PM
Click in an ortho viewport that has verts showing, then click back in perspective. They should reappear, they do for me.