PDA

View Full Version : Maya Diffuse maps show only Black and white

Hugh
08-19-2011, 08:24 AM
Ok here is my diffuse:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5009358/PixelEnvironment.jpg

This is how it looks in Maya. It only appears in Viewport 2.0 and it has no color information.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5009358/B-W.jpg

Giometric
08-19-2011, 08:58 AM
I don't have Maya here to test with at the moment, but is the JPG you posted the same one you plugged into Maya? If it isn't maybe your source image has an incorrect color depth or something; only other thing I can think of is maybe you plugged it into something like specular or opacity instead of diffuse by accident?

Hugh
08-19-2011, 09:02 AM
I don't have Maya here to test with at the moment, but is the JPG you posted the same one you plugged into Maya? If it isn't maybe your source image has an incorrect color depth or something; only other thing I can think of is maybe you plugged it into something like specular or opacity instead of diffuse by accident?

it has a 8 bit color channel. Does 8 bit have issues with maya?

Giometric
08-19-2011, 09:16 AM
No that should be fine, 8bit/color channel is pretty much your standard 24 bit full color image :) What image format is the texture you're using, is it the same as the JPG you posted?

(also you have tried restarting Maya right? I know that's dumb but I've had that fix weird things like this before)

Hugh
08-19-2011, 09:20 AM
No that should be fine, 8bit/color channel is pretty much your standard 24 bit full color image :) What image format is the texture you're using, is it the same as the JPG you posted?

(also you have tried restarting Maya right? I know that's dumb but I've had that fix weird things like this before)

the original is a tiff. It did the same with one of strongman sdk here on polycount

rebb
08-19-2011, 09:23 AM
Are there maybe some Color-Balance settings changed in the File-Node for some reason ?
What does the shading network of the material look like ?

Hugh
08-19-2011, 09:31 AM
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5009358/Hypershade.jpg

Never changed the color balance setting. Where would I check that?

Giometric
08-19-2011, 09:36 AM
TIFF, you say? Did you make sure to save it without layers or compression? Photoshop likes turning that stuff on by default and Maya doesn't display them right (unless that changed in 2012 but I doubt it). Try saving the TIFF out of Photoshop again with "Discard Layers and Save a Copy" selected and also set Layer Compression to "None".

To check the color balance select the file node in the Hypershade window (the one that says "file1") and make sure your attribute editor is open on the right. The settings will be in there.

Hugh
08-19-2011, 09:45 AM
TIFF, you say? Did you make sure to save it without layers or compression? Photoshop likes turning that stuff on by default and Maya doesn't display them right (unless that changed in 2012 but I doubt it). Try saving the TIFF out of Photoshop again with "Discard Layers and Save a Copy" selected and also set Layer Compression to "None".

To check the color balance select the file node in the Hypershade window (the one that says "file1") and make sure your attribute editor is open on the right. The settings will be in there.

yea still b&w. Thanks for showing me where that was though

It doesnt show at all in the default viewport

Surfa
08-19-2011, 10:20 AM
I had a similar problem a while back except I did get colour information in viewport 2.0 but nothing like you said in the high quality viewport. The problem was I had some vertex colours applied to the model so trying resetting the vertex colours.

Hugh
08-19-2011, 12:45 PM
I had a similar problem a while back except I did get colour information in viewport 2.0 but nothing like you said in the high quality viewport. The problem was I had some vertex colours applied to the model so trying resetting the vertex colours.

how did you reset them.I see no vertex color option under color. I don't think that works either unless I did it wrong.

Hugh
08-19-2011, 01:30 PM
fixed thanks to Polycount IRC

bugo
08-19-2011, 11:09 PM
By curiosity did you connect only one channel instead of RGB?

Racer445
08-20-2011, 12:51 AM
so why not tell us how you fixed it?