View Full Version : SDK Edit Surface Type Button not working!!
07-05-2010, 11:15 AM
Hey guys i cant change my material in SDK!! wtf is wrong?? i cant seem to be able to use the "Edit Surface Type" Button.. :poly127: could it be because my Crysis Wars is a trial version??
07-05-2010, 12:46 PM
Sorry For double post but this is what i get when i open Texture
I get Terrain Texture Layers instead of Terrain Texture Editor why is thins??
07-10-2010, 04:04 PM
I'm trying to get my head around this stuff as I type, pretty much, so I hope this doesn't come out as a sprawling mess!
Im at a similar stage to you but I have managed to get a little further.
The main problem for me is that the Crysis Wars editor is different from the main Crysis one. I only found a small mention of this on the crymod forums and all of the docs and tutorials i've found seem to be for that rather than this version. I have Crysis wars from when I bought Warhead so I don't think the fact yours is a trial should make a difference.
When you go to the terrain layers window:
- Add a new layer and then click on the material name in the material column on the layer. This will bring up the Material Editor window.
- Select a material you want to use
- Go back to the layer window and click apply material. you should see the texture path change (you have to resize the window to make the column bigger). You can then use this layer in the terrain painter.
- In the terrain painter, make sure the 'Paint LayerId (detailLayer)' box is checked or the material won't appear when you paint. If you paint without it on, the grass layer will just be coloured instead.
- The default. dds texture thats in the small preview in your layer can be changed to other textures (click 'Change Layer Texture'). These seem to tint the painted material to help them blend with other surrounding materials. Most of them are earthy or icy tones.
- The colour swatch next to the Filter slider is another way of adding more colour to the layer and the '1' button just makes the slider snap back to default. (I have no idea what the 'to Layer' button does yet!)
And thats as far as i've got! there is a problem when trying to use CTRL+G to runaround the level - the console states: 'failed loading map texture id 0'. According to the crymod forum, this seems to be a glitch that people are just living with. Saving the map and reloading the editor still gives you the error, but you can run around it as normal.
Hopefully some others with more knowlege of this stuff can chime in?
vBulletin® v3.8.4, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.