View Full Version : Sketchbook: kirilot
05-20-2008, 08:33 PM
i think this is great, wanted to jump in on it. I think these are apropriate since they were done on "Colors" for the Nintendo DS, crits welcome
its given me a great chance to play with color, anywhere.
these were done at a weekly group i try to attend, hopefully i can post here somewhat regularly
these were done on the DS? wow thats pretty cool what did the other members of the sketch group think of your method?
05-21-2008, 06:10 PM
thanks Gem, its a homebrew for the DS, concept art turned me on to it....well actually Hito did, theres a thread on how to go about doing it, if you want i could dig it up for you. Them members of the group thought it was prety cool, i gave this one guy all the info for his son, the other folks looked on it as if it was some sort of magic and we were in the dark ages.
anyhow' now that ive gone and signed up myself for this think i might as well make an effort, it got me to scan some of these drawins in from the last couple of months. in somewhat of a sequential order
and this gem ended up in my metro cart on my way home from work
now on to uv wranglin an pixel pushin
ps: sorry for the white...but they are on xerox paper, ill have to update
05-23-2008, 02:27 PM
05-23-2008, 05:00 PM
wow. I really want a DS now. awesome drawings, can't wait to see more!
Hey Kiri, loving the girl on that one
Can't wait to see more!
05-27-2008, 08:11 PM
pior - i know ure an inspiration to many people around here, but ure definitely one of mine, means much to me u liked my stuff.
curry - tanks, its pretty cool if u can afford it and if u spend a solid chunk of time on public transport
05-27-2008, 09:12 PM
haha great! i need to get a new NDS (dropped mine :sad face:) and then do some life drawing.
Really like the blue highlighter and darker blue you used in that one female life drawing.
keep it up!
05-31-2008, 10:26 PM
this is what you get when you draw from pictures, stale poses....
06-05-2008, 11:03 AM
just wanted to stick this in here, comment/crits welcome
06-05-2008, 02:58 PM
I'd scale down the texture on the shirt a bit. Maybe add some blood on the cleaver.
06-06-2008, 10:33 AM
Chop Chop ;)
06-12-2008, 07:16 AM
then model didnt show up this week :(
hoping some of you enviro guys rip this up
06-15-2008, 08:30 PM
going to try to finalize improve on this, any suggestions crits would be cool
06-16-2008, 09:43 AM
Looks pretty solid, nice work!
- The metal parts of the lantern globes, should have more light spill over painted into the diffuse.
- The glowing pink misty pools could use some variation at the base, being brighter and spilling more light onto the objects around them would help sell them a bit. Same goes for the lantern globes.
- Might want to spend a few polys on the ropes thats wrapped around the beams. It seems kind of odd that they are perfectly flat inline with the beams.
- If you can spare the polys it might be cool to do some facing glow sprites on the lanterns.
- Also some grass/weed planes might be a nice touch, but the cracked earth you have now is pretty good.
- It might be handy to do a final dirt/saturation/color treatment to the entire piece. Right now wood is clearly defined and pretty brown making it look fairly new. The older wood gets the less saturated it is. It can be a nice effect to desaturated parts to help indicate weathering. If you can desaturated the majority of the wood but leave around the bases where it meets other objects more saturated it will help.
If you haven't done it already, it could give you a few more polys to weld the verts on the inside of the steps.
06-29-2008, 09:19 PM
some new ds sketches
and some sprites ive been working on>wip
06-08-2011, 11:19 PM
MAn this is old, Time to try and start up on polishing my drawing skills some more.
I did a 4th Edittion encounters group tonight and got inspired to do this. Hopefully ill finish it. Crits always appreciated.
-The Invoker had nausea applied to him after the passing of the shade.
06-10-2011, 10:25 PM
finnaly back to an urban environment with an awesome Art Center. Hence Open Drawin! Dusted the DS off, im pretty rusty.
all of these were 20 min each.
vBulletin® v3.8.4, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.