View Full Version : Gladiator Hipoly model / Update...
- Took a week (or two) break from this model... continued yesterday, did UVs for all parts, and started with textures.
- Textures are very much WIP, put some materials in all parts, masked them for specular and gloss and so on.
- I also started painting face and skin color maps.
- Metal parts will be done in Silo. I might add muscle details in Z-brush....Current bumps in chest and belt parts will be gone soon...
- I will probably do something for waist cloth, teared edge doesn't look that good /images/graemlins/smile.gif (more detail....maybe folded cloth...)
-I also updated lighting and materials, i only use currently standard materials, and standard spots, with shadow maps to make render times shorter
- CnC welcome!
- Ears are bent towards head, to make them fit inside helmet, just forgot to bend them back for test renders - sorry!
10-28-2004, 10:15 PM
PFFFFT, SHOOOOW OFF!!! man that looks great. i think the skin might be a bit too shiney, either that or too smooth, it needs a bump map to break up that specular
10-29-2004, 02:10 AM
Looks cool so far. I think the helmet might be a bit big for his head. Almost looks like a kid trying on his dad's, um, gladiator helmet.
"Do you like gladiator movies?" - what's that quote from. /images/graemlins/smile.gif
Yep. Looks real good, now break it in and make it look well worn and abused. Give him a hickey, just like poop.
10-29-2004, 02:48 AM
He who is about to wet his pants salutes you! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif
I think a nice scar on his face and body would look good.
10-29-2004, 04:40 PM
good luck rigging him ...
Looking forward to some more progression .. your old posts showed some great modeling , i think its awsome , just thing the modeling deserves more .. 1 thing that always bugged me and was comented on before was the ring that attaches his belt to the staps , im sure it needs an extra strap going back horizontaly , or angle the strap so it looks like it would work , the knees also look abit flat ... but its a minor problem really ... lets see a wire ..
10-29-2004, 06:14 PM
Looks great, Realy loving that textures on him.
Thanks for comments!
poopinmymouth: i will add specular mask for skin later, and maybe some z-brush detail to muscles too!
FatAssasin: helmet... it has maybe 3cm empty space near top of the skull - i might get it a bit smaller if i make it thinner, but then again, it is actually quite thin already - have to check it again /images/graemlins/smile.gif
- He already has a scar over eye, but not visible yet /images/graemlins/smile.gif - looks stupid when the map is mirrored - i currenty have to use symmetry - will fix it when i finish all other details!
- I think i will keep the rings as they are - after all, rings are really big and are attached firmly to belt so it should also work in real life? - Maybe, i hope so /images/graemlins/smile.gif
- Problem with knees and other details is the fact that i currently use shadow maps only to get fast render times (poor machine...)
- Shadow maps make many of small details invisible, knees and clothes might look a bit flat and without details - earlier renders used skylight/area shadows!
10-30-2004, 04:13 PM
I'd like to see him VS that Athen Model I saw earlier. Looks something very reminsent of Caligula.
10-31-2004, 06:57 PM
One thing bugging me is the leg muscles, I donít think they are anatomically correct......could be just me though.
10-31-2004, 08:57 PM
very nice as usual man. i'm not sure if i'm a fan of the fresnel (or just a huge ass rim light) that you have around his skin.
alot of people use a surface/camera fresnel when doing skin, but i've personaly never cared for it. aside from that, awesome work.
Ooh I love it S-S. No crit from me - only a request. Can we see the wires and texture sheet?
vBulletin® v3.8.4, Copyright ©2000-2013, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.