Home General Discussion

Have anyone found anything helpful for gamedev in Photoshop recent AI features?

gnoop
polycounter
Offline / Send Message
gnoop polycounter
I am still paying my own Photoshop subscribtion but  haven't found anything useful in it  for very long time.      Curious about "shadow re generator"  as a way to get rid of shadows  for de-lighting  albedo  but very much doubt  it will work .  And it's in  a waiting list for forever already. 

Tried today their sbsar  support    for  procedural filters. Works even  worse than  with Painter .  Non stop puzzles.  Tried to do simple height to normal filter in Designer. Doesn't work at all  except in 32 bit mode .

Ai selection still unable  to distinguish anything  related to materials or textures.  

Am I missing something cool?    

I use inkscape  and affinity photo  instead  most of a time  due to convenient linking options, more non-destructive features and simple to use frequency separation script.  Easy to fix/edit height channel from photogrammetry with real time  normal map preview (contrary to Photoshop)  .        Inkscape allows  simple  copy/ paste in Designer, Photoshop doesn't.

Replies

• Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I've used Photopea a few times for stuff at home, and it's surprisingly very very good. It's about 98% feature-parity with PS. No AI features, but just to pick on example, content-aware fill is just as good as Adobe's. And the normal map filter is actually way better. It does lack support for saving higher bit depths, and there's no video support, a couple things I miss from the work Adobe license.

Oh yeah, and no ability to install custom plugins, like Xnormal, or Flaming Pear, or Nvidia DDS. But whatever, 98%.
  • gnoop
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gnoop polycounter
    I've used Photopea a few times for stuff at home, and it's surprisingly very very good. It's about 98% feature-parity with PS. No AI features, but just to pick on example, content-aware fill is just as good as Adobe's. And the normal map filter is actually way better. It does lack support for saving higher bit depths, and there's no video support, a couple things I miss from the work Adobe license.

Oh yeah, and no ability to install custom plugins, like Xnormal, or Flaming Pear, or Nvidia DDS. But whatever, 98%.

Thanks Eric.    Does it have  random  flip and rotate option in  content aware fill?
  • Eric Chadwick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I didn't see that, but it could be there? https://www.photopea.com/