Author : DanRobson

User Name
    Password

Register | Lost password?

A password will be mailed to you.

Retrieve password

A confirmation mail will be sent to your e-mail address.

• News Design Cinema Episode 62

February 1, 2013 by Mark Dygert

Feng Zhu goes over some tips for realtime creature design in Episode 62 of his Design Cinema series

Episode 62 is packed full of really good stuff, as usual. If you have ever wondered what it’s like to sit on the shoulder of a world class designer while he does his thing you should watch this.

If you have never heard of this series before you have a lot of episodes to catch up on, make sure you hit Episode 52 its all about building up your visual library.

If you’ve never heard of Feng Zhu or his Design school before, there is a REALLY good chance you’ve seen his work or his influence in one form or another in films or in AAA games. On top of being an amazing artists with a very broad skill set, he’s also a great teacher. Even if he isn’t covering a subject you feel passionate about, so much of what he says applies to all facets of art in general so go forth and be educated! Enjoy!

We’re talking about it HERE

Tagged in:

8 Comments

1. Callesw on February 1, 2013 at 11:05 am

Been watching all of these, and I have to say all of them are reeeally worth watching. Really nice to post it here!

2. Clyptic on February 1, 2013 at 1:33 pm

Love his work!

3. Quesocotl on February 1, 2013 at 4:37 pm

ive been a HUGE fan of feng since EP 20. I just got his foundations art of book last week and its been open beside my set up every since! cant wait for his online school to start up!

4. aajohnny on February 2, 2013 at 1:28 am

He's just awesome!
      He's really clear and understandable, also not boring at all, I'll be going through all the episodes, maybe I'll take out my wacom, will be the first in a while.

5. jimsvanberg on February 2, 2013 at 5:57 am

Gonna take Callesw's word for it ;)

6. Christian Nordgren on February 2, 2013 at 6:52 am

Feng Zhu just keep impressing. Every video is really educational

7. LucasAM77 on February 2, 2013 at 1:30 pm

You so coool Polycount

8. Nitewalkr on February 7, 2013 at 11:07 am

Man I've been watching FZD school ever since episode 10. At first I thought he was just another youtube guy saying "subscribe me so I can make some money," But many times I found his episodes really helpful.

Whenever I get a chance and money I am going to attend his school for arts or I hope he opens a branch in Canada, Toronto so I can apply. =]